Hello everyone

Hello, I work as a captain onboard a sailing ship, a three masted schooner from 1939, and sail with students between Sweden and the canaries every year. Before that I was a bosun onboard the fullrigger Sps, Götheborg, the biggest wooden ship in the world. Sailmaker, rigger, we had do do everything ourselves onboard that ship with natural materials.

I want to learn how to do the rigging and ship building but in a smaller scale that I'm used to, so I can't wait to start my first wooden ship model.

Best regards, S

FB_IMG_1629239825594.jpg

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
I am very happy to have a new professional on real sailing ships here in our crew.
So I guess we can learn from you and visiversa

I have never met a fellow modeler with so much hand experience.
A very big Welcome Aboard.
Is this the ship you are talking about?
View attachment 260338
I guess yes - it is the Götheborg

but I would like also to know which schooner you are now comanding?
I was thinking about the Najaden, but she is older ....
The Oosterschelde is now dutch and also older ...... so ?

Hello, thank you. Feels good to have an experienced group of people to rely on when I stumble upon trouble in the building.

WOW,
I have never met a fellow modeler with so much hand experience.
A very big Welcome Aboard.
Is this the ship you are talking about?
View attachment 260338
Yes that's her, that picture is from the stopover in Nice France ;)

At the moment I command this ship, t/s Älva. She was built 1939 as one of the last cargo sailing ships in Europe and was compared to her sister ship (Borgila) rigged with a bermuda rig and was the fastest ship of the sisters. I miss sailing with fullriggers and work with hemp and tar, but this is a really good job.

received_2231163273764365.jpeg

If you wonder what we are doing in the rig we are playing "go fishing" and I lost

IMG_20190211_172743_967.jpg

Best regards, S

Back