Hello, First time builder.

Spider999

Hi there, I am currently about 150 hrs into my first build, Mamoli 1:90 scale HMS Victory. I am on another group as well, modelshipworld. I saw your group on a post by a guy from Canada who I am following at the minute, same boat as me, He is on here, YT. His build is such high quality it keeps me inspired. I am off work at the moment following surgery to remove some very painful cysts from both feet, so everything is on hold. I have laid the boat up in "dry dock" for a while anyway till I get a big house project completed, that is why the damn thing has taken me nearly 14 years so far, (house move, second child, big extension project, work, etc etc) but I can see the light at the end of this tunnel, so it shouldn't be too long before I pick up tools again down in my boat shed. Here are a few pics of my build so far, I will start a proper build log once I get going again. They might not be in the right order but you get the idea.

IMG_0064.JPGIMG_0076.JPGIMG_0384.JPGIMG_0385.JPGIMG_3913.JPGIMG_0297.JPGIMG_0298.JPGIMG_0299.JPG

donfarr

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

also a welcome from me, this is a great and FRIENLY FORUM with members through out the WORLD truly international. Don

Donnie

Systems Administrator
Staff member
Systems Administrator
Blandford Group Build

Welcome to SOS Spider and your Victory as well. We will all enjoy watching it come to life.

Brewbrarian

Welcome Spider!
HMS Victory sounds challenging for a first build, but it looks like you're doing a great job.
If you run into any roadblocks, just ask. Everyone is always happy to help.
Cheers!