Hello fro Brisbane Australia

Hi,
Just joined the forum, so thank you for accepting my request.
I have always had a fascination with wooden boat models, so thought it was about time to dip my toe in the world of model boat building. Before I go out and buy a kit I want to get as much info about the hobbie, ie framing, planking etc, before I start. Just so I don't muck things up to badly.
So am looking forward to participating here, and gaining as much knowledge as I can.

Welcome to SOS, Torque59. Once you “dip your toe in”, the rest soon follows.!! It’s a fascinating place to be.
Pull up a chair and stay a while. Read a little, think a little. You will get the hang of things.
Questions.?? Just ask.!! Plenty of folks around here to give some guidance.
Again, welcome.!!

Hi Torque59
welcome abord Thumbsup Thumbsup
you will find here A great bunch of good people who will be happy to accompany and support you in the process of learning and experiencing our special hobby.
We are all Share the passion for creation, beauty and mutual help

Welcome to a SOS family! Spend some time lurking in to various topics, specifically help videos. It will help you a lot later, thought. But don't be shy to ask questions. We are loaded with answers ready to fire. ;) most important - have fun!!

Hope to see your log soon! I learned a lot about planking and especially about rigging from Donnie. He has a great log taking you through step-by-step. I just watched his YouTube video on rigging shrouds and lanyards for the second time. Good stuff! Very helpful.

Hi,
I have always had a fascination with wooden boat models, so thought it was about time to dip my toe in the world of model boat building. Before I go out and buy a kit I want to get as much info about the hobbie, ie framing, planking etc, before I start. Just so I don't muck things up to badly.
So am looking forward to participating here, and gaining as much knowledge as I can.
Good luck! Don't wait too long to get started. :)

Hi,

Hallo @Torque59 ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back