Hello from a ship enthusiast!

Hi all! I'm David from the lower Blue Mountains, Australia. I don't see myself building any physical models (arthritis and shaky hands have already ended my WW2 aircraft plastic kit hobby days), but I'm a digital 2d/3d artist, and a sailing ship enthusiast. I'm currently running a D&D campaign in a homebrew setting that uses 18th century technology, so I'm making top-down ship maps for my players to wreck. Here's a pirate sloop I made recently:
Sloop.jpg

I'm also tempted to start building ships in Blender, since I'm already building elements in 3d to help visualise them for my illustrations. Eg:
image.png

...but I fear that once I start, I might never stop.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi all! I'm David from the lower Blue Mountains, Australia. I don't see myself building any physical models (arthritis and shaky hands have already ended my WW2 aircraft plastic kit hobby days), but I'm a digital 2d/3d artist, and a sailing ship enthusiast. I'm currently running a D&D campaign in a homebrew setting that uses 18th century technology, so I'm making top-down ship maps for my players to wreck. Here's a pirate sloop I made recently:

I'm also tempted to start building ships in Blender, since I'm already building elements in 3d to help visualise them for my illustrations. Eg:

...but I fear that once I start, I might never stop.
Hallo @davidcsimon
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Also from me a warm welcome to the forum and have fun.

Back