Hello from Australia

Hi all,
I'm Brenton and from Australia.
Usually more into sci-fi kits but couldn't pass on the Trumpeter 1/48 U Boat VIIC when I saw it online, it was the full interior that really did it for me.
It finally turned up yesterday and wow is it a large kit. I've got a couple of other kits on the go atm so will be a little while before I can sink my teeth into it, but really looking forward to having a scout round the forum and picking up some tips and tricks and seeing what other people are building.

G'day Brenton
Welcome to SOS. You will find us a very friendly bunch here, it's more like a world wide family.
As an ozzie talking to another, you will hava bonza of a time here mate.
Looking forward to see your build log.
Havagooday
Greg

Hallo Brenton,

I can fully conifrm and underline the words from Greg.
We are a very friendly and helpfull group of modelers, ready to help and assist where necessary and requested.
Also we a special area for plastic modeling, but also other very interesting areas....maybe in future also a model out of wood?

Wish you a lot of fun and interesting talks in our forum

Welcome aboard Brenton - I enjoyed building Revell's 1:72 scale Gato sub but the 55" length U-boat is pretty impressive and the detail of the interior is amazing. I hope you post some pics when you start this adventure. I'm in !!! Cheers!

Can't wait until you un box the VIIC so we can see inside and you get started on it.

Donnie

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Been having a bit of a snoop around all of your build logs and there is a lot of great work that people are producing. Can't wait to get started on mine later this year and let you see what I get up to.

Good to hear that you found already some useful information. Feel home, we are like a group of friends sharing our hobby. Beginners or masters, build what ever you like and enjoy.
I am looking forward to see your work in a building log. And in between until you start I can recommend to participate in the different chats, logs etc and when ever you have questions or comments, tell us.
Good to have you on board of SOS.

Hi all,
I'm Brenton and from Australia.
Usually more into sci-fi kits but couldn't pass on the Trumpeter 1/48 U Boat VIIC when I saw it online, it was the full interior that really did it for me.
It finally turned up yesterday and wow is it a large kit. I've got a couple of other kits on the go atm so will be a little while before I can sink my teeth into it, but really looking forward to having a scout round the forum and picking up some tips and tricks and seeing what other people are building.
Hallo Brenton,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your build of the U-boat going?

Hallo Brenton,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your build of the U-boat going?

Hello Uwe,
Thanks for the birthday wishes from a couple of months ago! Certainly a different type of birthday being in lockdown, but I enjoy the solitude away from people (apart from my partner who is always around!).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make a start on the U-boat as yet. I lost a bit of my drive with plastic kits after having a couple of setbacks with one of the kits I was working on, so I decided to change things up!
I love a good challenge and after looking at the amazing work people are doing on this forum with wooden kits, I decided to take the plunge and buy a couple to build. One will be a passion project and the other will be for me to build first, and hopefully learn from so that I can make the passion kit the best possible.

I'll be starting up a build log shortly for the first kit with more details, so keep an eye out :)

Back