Hello from Belfast Maine.

I’ve just joined and look forward to interacting with members. I recently retired from the medical field and have for most of my free time built some wooden model ships, lately more kitbashed and scratch built. (Charles Morgan, New Bedford Whale boat with a scratch built section of the whaler, Rattlesnake, and the Phantom schooner all significantly modified). I’ve recently had an interest in Papermodels and purchased Virginia armed sloop from Seahorse models and would like any advice one would think for a beginner in this media. In particular I need recommendations on glue, resources for card stock, and any other advice appropriate for a beginner.

Welcome aboard Dr.
You have a quite remarkable record in building model ships.
It will be very interesting to watch a build log of your paper model.
Besides that, we need a Ships Surgeon aboard.
60A27E9E-BE40-4976-B0A7-0E8613A26CE8.jpeg

Welcome aboard Dr.
View attachment 258134

Fortunately, those days are over. I'm into construction and not destruction!

Welcome aboard Dr.
View attachment 258134

I’ve just joined and look forward to interacting with members. I recently retired from the medical field and have for most of my free time built some wooden model ships, lately more kitbashed and scratch built. (Charles Morgan, New Bedford Whale boat with a scratch built section of the whaler, Rattlesnake, and the Phantom schooner all significantly modified). I’ve recently had an interest in Papermodels and purchased Virginia armed sloop from Seahorse models and would like any advice one would think for a beginner in this media.

Hallo @kingkahn1950
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

I’ve just joined and look forward to interacting with members. I recently retired from the medical field and have for most of my free time built some wooden model ships, lately more kitbashed and scratch built. (Charles Morgan, New Bedford Whale boat with a scratch built section of the whaler, Rattlesnake, and the Phantom schooner all significantly modified). I’ve recently had an interest in Papermodels and purchased Virginia armed sloop from Seahorse models and would like any advice one would think for a beginner in this media. In particular I need recommendations on glue, resources for card stock, and any other advice appropriate for a beginner.
Hallo @kingkahn1950
we wish you all the BEST and a Happy Birthday
Birthday-Cake

Back