Hello from Belgium (Bruges).

What a great site and forum this is. I live in Belgium and am 57 yrs of age. Have been into model building since I was a kid. I Have built almost every kind of models & diorama's (plastic, military, aviation, HO scale trains, RC Tamiya cars, Figurines in various scales, etc). I have also built a number of ships (Mantua's Thermopylae (my first ever wooden ship model some 20 yrs ago), Amati's Roger B. Taney, some Billing boats kits, Amati's Robert E Lee (in the works), and most recently the Grand Banks yacht, also from Amati). On the shelf 2 more unopened kits: Corel's HMS Victory and a tuna-fishing boat from Occre.

I have had my own IT company for 30 years and have sold it at the end of 2019 (just pre-pandemic which was a lucky strike). I'm still working with the company to whom I sold my business as I do not feel like retiring just yet. But the stresses of running your own business, and the many working hours each day have decreased and my current job is, although important and challenging, taking less of a toll on my personal life. At the same time, I find myself spending more and more time at the workbench on some unfinished projects. I have always had a love for wooden ships, and am actually orienting myself to target a project of a classing sailing vessel. Not sure which one just yet, but this site and forum offer an invaluable source of information, experience and seasoned ship modellers. So happy that I came across this site, and eager to get to know some of you a little better.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Hallo Dirk,

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.

Would be interesting to see your work or your actual project in a building log ....... and have fun

Back