Hello from Bosnia and Herzegowina

Welcome Filip , and Dobar Dan,
good that you have found the hobby and also our forum.....here are a lot of very helpful and good modelers.
The best is in the beginning to look through the building logs and also the tools area, so you can get an overview of techniques and tools,
and afterwards we can discuss the real needs...there is a lot of tools which are useless, or works for one, but not for the other one......

Hello Filip and welcome to the site! I'm fairly new with modeling (7 years) and there are some bare minimum tools one needs. Some good, sharp little scissors, x-acto knife, some tweezers, a ruler with inches/millimeters, some good paint brushes in varying sizes, Q tips, clothes pins/clamps/rubber bands, possible cutting mat, filling sticks, small drill bits, glue (CA and White glue), good lighting and a lot of patience!!! LOL You'll find that, depending on your model, this list will quickly build as you go. I keep adding new tools as I go. I wouldn't go out and start spending a lot of money for tools, but whatever you purchase, try to take good care of them so they will last. There are a lot of sites and posts about tools for beginning modeling that are out in the internet. I know I have probably not mentioned some items needed, but again, everyone is different with their needs but you buy as you go along. Best to you with your models and look forward to seeing your kits soon! Cheers and have at it!!!!!

Welcome Filip , and Dobar Dan,
good that you have found the hobby and also our forum.....here are a lot of very helpful and good modelers.
The best is in the beginning to look through the building logs and also the tools area, so you can get an overview of techniques and tools,

and afterwards we can discuss the real needs...there is a lot of tools which are useless, or works for one, but not for the other one......
Hello Filip and welcome to the site! I'm fairly new with modeling (7 years) and there are some bare minimum tools one needs. Some good, sharp little scissors, x-acto knife, some tweezers, a ruler with inches/millimeters, some good paint brushes in varying sizes, Q tips, clothes pins/clamps/rubber bands, possible cutting mat, filling sticks, small drill bits, glue (CA and White glue), good lighting and a lot of patience!!! LOL You'll find that, depending on your model, this list will quickly build as you go. I keep adding new tools as I go. I wouldn't go out and start spending a lot of money for tools, but whatever you purchase, try to take good care of them so they will last. There are a lot of sites and posts about tools for beginning modeling that are out in the internet. I know I have probably not mentioned some items needed, but again, everyone is different with their needs but you buy as you go along. Best to you with your models and look forward to seeing your kits soon! Cheers and have at it!!!!!
Uwe and fright has given you the correct information. But please Filip, if you want to know more, ask anyone.
Remember! Everyone here, were new to this hobby someday. We are all willing to give us our advice and knowledge.
Happymodeling
Greg

Filip welcome to the site and have fun building ships.

Are you looking at wood or plastic ship modeling? Tools needed vary by type material used.

For wood kits you might look at webpage www.micro-mark.com. They have starter tool kits that have basic tools in set.

Welcome aboard! Tools can be a black-hole sometimes in that they can suck up all your hard earned money. Start with the basic hand tools as mentioned above. Decide whether you want to build in wood or plastic - even though the tools for one can be used for the other. Most people don't invest large amounts of cash for fancy power tool until they have an absolute need for them. If you have a "hobby shop" near you, go in and talk to someone there. They usually have the knowledge to help you pick the right ones. Above all, enjoy the hobby. It's a great one.

Back