Hello from Canada

I'm an old guy in Manitoba, Canada, where WINTER is winter! I've built two Artesania Latina kits: The Bluenose 2 and The King of the Mississippi. I'm now awaiting my next project: The Belem, again by Artesania Latina. By the look of it, they have greatly improved instructions, which they desperately needed to do. Looking forward to participating in the site.

Hello Tim, At the moment I am trying to complete an AL 20500 Bluenose 2. It was bought by my father who barely started it. It was then passed on to my son who did a bit more but gave up after planking part of the hull. It has been in my basement storage for at least 10 years but Covid made me decide to try and tackle it. I'm in Ottawa. I have never worked on any kits since the Revells of childhood. I have already found that either my Dad or son made errors and so have I but I try to work around them as best I can. The instructions with this older kit leave a lot to be desired with no diagrams of the small parts. I am not a sailor so my question is about the single and double blocks and the deadeyes. Which are which? In my kit are two sizes of round ones and then some that are more rectangular. I am at the point of adding a single block to the bowsprit bit. I can't decide which of the small ones it should be, the small round or the rectangular style. I can tell from the plans that the large round ones are not for use here. Thanks for any assistance.

Les, I have a build log posted for that very kit. I also retained the instruction booklet and the sheet plans. I can send them to you if you like.

I'm an old guy in Manitoba, Canada, where WINTER is winter! I've built two Artesania Latina kits: The Bluenose 2 and The King of the Mississippi. I'm now awaiting my next project: The Belem, again by Artesania Latina. By the look of it, they have greatly improved instructions, which they desperately needed to do. Looking forward to participating in the site.

Hallo @timyc
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back