Hello from Costa Rica

Hello everyone -

My name is Dominique Banton, I am retired from the French Navy and have been living in Costa Rica for more than 30 years.
Before making naval wood modeling for 12 years I was a long time plastic modelist.
To my credit I have (in construction wood) the King of Mississippi (Artesania Latina) San Juan Nepomuceno (Artesania Latina) and for more than 4 years I started on the construction of the HMS Surprise (Artesania Latina) Kit Bashing.

C.S.S Alabama -1/96 - Revell ( plastic model )
King of Mississippi - 1/80 - Artesania Latina
San Juan Nepomuceno - 1/90 - Artesania Latina

Hoping that my work will please you wish you all an excellent end of the day

Note: Google translator squeezes me because my english is very bad

See you soon

@ + Dominique

Last edited:
A warm welcome here on board of our forum - great looking models - we would like to see much more of your work

Are you working on an actual project?

A warm welcome here on board of our forum - great looking models - we would like to see much more of your work

Are you working on an actual project?

Hi Uwek

Since 4 years I work on the HMS Surprise bringing him a lot of modifications without bringing me closer to the real French Fregate "Unit" taken in the Bay of Venezuela and repatriated as a prize of war by the English and renamed the name "Surprise" .
Some pieces of the Kit are used as artillery which unfortunately is false, but having no machine to remake them were installed as such.
So as soon as possible I will open the topic and post the beginning of construction until today.

@+Dominique

Hi Uwek

Since 4 years I work on the HMS Surprise bringing him a lot of modifications without bringing me closer to the real French Fregate "Unit" taken in the Bay of Venezuela and repatriated as a prize of war by the English and renamed the name "Surprise" .
Some pieces of the Kit are used as artillery which unfortunately is false, but having no machine to remake them were installed as such.
So as soon as possible I will open the topic and post the beginning of construction until today.

View attachment 81787

@+Dominique

Beautiful work Dominique.
Looking forward to seeing the build.

Hallo Dominique , alias @Banton
we wish you all the BEst and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello everyone -

My name is Dominique Banton, I am retired from the French Navy and have been living in Costa Rica for more than 30 years.
Before making naval wood modeling for 12 years I was a long time plastic modelist.
To my credit I have (in construction wood) the King of Mississippi (Artesania Latina) San Juan Nepomuceno (Artesania Latina) and for more than 4 years I started on the construction of the HMS Surprise (Artesania Latina) Kit Bashing.

C.S.S Alabama -1/96 - Revell ( plastic model )

King of Mississippi - 1/80 - Artesania Latina

San Juan Nepomuceno - 1/90 - Artesania Latina

Hoping that my work will please you wish you all an excellent end of the day

Note: Google translator squeezes me because my english is very bad

See you soon

@ + Dominique
Hallo Dominique alias @Banton
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back