HELLO FROM DEAL,ENGLAND

Hello everyone ;). I am an 85 year old beginner modeller who has sailed for over 75 years but become landlocked because of Covid. My father has two models in the museum in St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands of late eighteenth century ships he made from scratch, from plans obtained from Greenwich ,so I hope I may have inherited something from him.. I am waiting on an HMS FLY kit as she was built on the Isle of Sheppey , only five miles from where I keep my boat

Welcome to SOS, looking forward to your construction log of HMS FLY, regards

Welcome to SOS, looking forward to your construction log of HMS FLY, regards
Thank you ,Knut. Pleased to get a Scandinavian response as my lady friend (despite my 85 years !) is Swedish----from Stenungsund. Very interesting that you have made model of Jolie Brise. I am a founder member of the Albert Strange Association and we rescued the Tally Ho which beat Jolie Brise in the 1927 Fastnet, that was so windy that only two boats managed to finish.. She is being completely rebuilt by member Leo Gooden and the fascinating videos he has put out on Youtube you MUST watch if you are not doing so already Sampson Boat Co Tally Ho.
Very best regards,
Richard

aye welcome. Sounds like you have some big boots to fill.
Thank you. Yes ,I think so. The Old Man has been gone these many years now, but I believe he will be looking over my shoulder---and criticising .!
Best wishes

Richard

Richard, I was on board Jolie Brise when she was in Stavanger (Tall ship festival) a few years ago, then I saw a lot that was not correct compared to my model, greetings-

Hello everyone ;). I am an 85 year old beginner modeller who has sailed for over 75 years but become landlocked because of Covid. My father has two models in the museum in St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands of late eighteenth century ships he made from scratch, from plans obtained from Greenwich ,so I hope I may have inherited something from him.. I am waiting on an HMS FLY kit as she was built on the Isle of Sheppey , only five miles from where I keep my boat
also from my side a warm welcome here on board.
Would be very good, if you show us your build in a building log....
with this we are able to help and assist, give hints and answer questions, when ever necessary and requested

also from my side a warm welcome here on board.
Would be very good, if you show us your build in a building log....
with this we are able to help and assist, give hints and answer questions, when ever necessary and requested

Thank you, . Although I am having to wait for my kit of The Fly to arrive (from China !) I did order an accesssories kit from a dealer here in England and it include the stuff to build and complete the ship`s boat, so I have started . The kit also included the wooden pressings to make Fly`s gun carriages so that will keep me occupied whilst waiting My hands are covered in dried glue which I don`t know how to get off !
I will start a building log once the shipyard opens properly !
Nice to hear from you.
Richard.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you, John. I am a complete beginner regarding model making but am sure I will enjoy it . Quite a challenge at my age,!
Where in Germany are you ? My late wife was from Koln.

Back