Hello from Detroit!

I’m a carpenter that got into model ship building from a buddy, well I’m still on my first kit. I moved 4 years ago, and I never got around to setting up my ship build desk. now with the Beer virus, I have plenty of time. My kit is from Constructo , the HMS Grimsby. come to find out, it wasn’t a real ship
the hull is done, fittings are mostly done, now I’m on the masts. It’s been a challenging kit, I prob should have bought an easier kit fir the first ship.
I’ll post my build as I go, where should I do that. ?
anyway, glad to be here!

I’m so glad I built the case already, it kept it clean and safe. It was own design. Black laminate on bottom and loop velcro on sides. We did a job at work, dapperly came in I was surprised, you know I took all the scraps I cold. LolD30EF340-022D-4C04-9E16-A3A1FE417FD8.jpegFA208B86-C555-4266-AE5B-B41D5E0A837A.jpeg

OK, the below link should take you to the forums section for starting your build log.

Select a title that usually has your name and ship info, like "Sea Burd, HMS Grimsby, 1:90 scale" just change to what you have going.

You can adjust to what you want, but that is what I see on a lot of build logs.

Welcome to forum and have fun looking around and reading logs. Lots of good stuff out there.

If you have questions, just post an update in log asking question, somebody may have the answer.

Other way is there is a separate forum for help and questions you can post under.

Good Luck with ship building.

Kurt

Hello from Beaverton, Michigan. Welcome I not a real chatty guy but every thing I have ever asked of these fellows they answered fast and beond well explained. Donnies Videos taught me how to plank and from then on I was hooked and read as much as I could here and learned a lot.
In my humble opinion "There is no finer place to be nor finer people to hang with"

I was on another forum, I haven’t logged on in a while, I asked an admin to re set my password, he said I wasn’t a member there, i asked to look up my posts, yes I’m a member, he said I was wasting his time. Words exchanged, he deleted my account. Lol. Wow. I own and run a F Body forum, ( firebird and Camaros) my other hobby, people ask me to re set things, I do it, why give someone a hard time. Well, I like this site already.
Is Model Expo still around, anyone know?

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome aboard See Burd! We are happy you joined us! Have as much fun, as we are!!!

Hello Sea Burd, Welcome aboard the Great SOS Form, you will find lots of very friendly help over here. That is a very fine ship you have built with so very much nice detail.
Regards Lawrence

I was hoping to get in some shipbuilding, with all the time home, I have no glue, I called model expo, they do call you back, I missed both calls. Dead in the water as they say with no glue. Even my dark Wood elmers is dried up, ☹

Last edited:
I just got all set up at a cheap computer desk, it was too small, then I realized I never fire up the tower computer at my large dest, so I took all the computer junk out and I set up my ship building place, much better. Took 2 days, it I did give the room a good cleaning out too, the keyboard pull out has all my boxes with all the small fittings, I do need to make a larger board to cover the top, I just made this one for the others small desk, oh well, it’s way better here. And I have a comfy chair instead of a stool.image.jpg

Last edited:
Back