hello from Edmonton Alberta

got into ship models in 1980, started with the Serapis, never finished it, life happened, got back into it in 2010. when my schedule permits me to do so i love working on models very challenging up until last month always on my own, no help or advise i believe i have come up with some interesting methods, of building, and now doing some research, on this website which i stumbled on by chance, because i was looking for wood to do second planking, hard to find a place now a days . not like in the past. people are more into xbox, and tv, to occupy their time. so many hobby stores have closed ,or limit the supplies they carry, in my neck of the woods. anyways now with the internet, nice to see others with the same interest and share the build with. have done . King of the Mississippi,Canadian canoe,Endevor long boat, San Juan Nepomuceno, looking and shopping around for my next project.

Welcome aboard SOS, parnawac! We are happy you have joined us! We would love to see some of your interesting methods of building. Would you like to share with us?

Welcome aboard SOS, parnawac! We are happy you have joined us! We would love to see some of your interesting methods of building. Would you like to share with us?
Thank you Jimsky . By the way my handle name ends in a C no K

got into ship models in 1980, started with the Serapis, never finished it, life happened, got back into it in 2010. when my schedule permits me to do so i love working on models very challenging up until last month always on my own, no help or advise i believe i have come up with some interesting methods, of building, and now doing some research, on this website which i stumbled on by chance, because i was looking for wood to do second planking, hard to find a place now a days . not like in the past. people are more into xbox, and tv, to occupy their time. so many hobby stores have closed ,or limit the supplies they carry, in my neck of the woods. anyways now with the internet, nice to see others with the same interest and share the build with. have done . King of the Mississippi,Canadian canoe,Endevor long boat, San Juan Nepomuceno, looking and shopping around for my next project.
Hallo @parnawac ,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board - what a coincidence -> I have also an unfinished hull of a Serapis laying around since 15 years..... o_O

Welcome, have you considered Bluenose? My Model Shipways Bluenose is an awesome build! There is also a group build for a version of the Bluenose. This site has special builds only available to the group. There’s a HMS Alert kit only for SOS. Hope you enjoy your voyage.

Your post is old but identical to mine. I started Serapis in the late 80s. Kids and work forced me to pause. Kids are married so it's now a work in progress, see photo.

Serapis Quarterdeck ladder.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back