Hello from England

Welcome to the family of enthusiasts and professionals united of building ship models (well, not just ships)! Welcome to the SOS family! Rest assured Alfie, you are at the right place. We are here to help. If you still didn't decide what you want to build, we can give you some advice. If you already have a kit in mind or purchased, you may start your own building log, where you can post questions if you need help.

But most important, please have fun cruising on our site, There are tons of valuable information to choose from. Good luck!

G'day Alfie, welcome aboard, hope you find it interesting, we all a pretty friendly bunch and help out where we can.

do you mind me asking what the MN Steward stands for, I have an idea but just wanted clarification,

best regards John.
Thanks for the welcome Mike. MN stands for Merchant Navy, I reached the dizzy heights of steward before I left.
Alfie

Welcome to the family of enthusiasts and professionals united of building ship models (well, not just ships)! Welcome to the SOS family! Rest assured Alfie, you are at the right place. We are here to help. If you still didn't decide what you want to build, we can give you some advice. If you already have a kit in mind or purchased, you may start your own building log, where you can post questions if you need help.

But most important, please have fun cruising on our site, There are tons of valuable information to choose from. Good luck!
Thanks for the welcome Jim I appreciate it.

Welcome to SOS, do you have plans for a model, or are you already working on one ?, good luck.
Thanks for the welcome Norway, I plan to start building the OcCre HMS Beagle, once the Workshop is built in the garden, not sure how long this will take though, as my friend is helping me and he's the one putting it together and I'm just the 'Dogsbody' and Tea & Coffee maker.:)

You may want to show us some pictures of your workshop project, always exciting to see how model builders set up their workshop. good luck!.

Thanks for the welcome Mike. MN stands for Merchant Navy, I reached the dizzy heights of steward before I left.
Alfie
G'day Alfie, that's what I thought you meant, I also was a steward, was on Cunard's Carmania, and the Queen Mary, also on Union Castle lines Windsor Castle and the Pendenis Castle, great times and memories, hope you like it here on SOS,
Best regards John,

Back