Hello from England

T-8

Thanks a lot for giving me this opportunity to join this forum. It’s been a while since I have been reading the discussions here about ship models which have given me some inspiration to my early stage ship modeling hobby. My passion for plank-on-frame ship modeling started many years ago when I was still at school. I grow up on a small island in Greece where they build traditional type wooden small ships called caiques. I have been lucky shadowing shipyard builders making those ships from scratch and that grew my passion for wooden ship models. I also tried that time to build my first ship model by just inspecting the illustrated pictures from books and without using any plans; this attempt was deemed to failure but it gave me basic knowledge about woodworking ship modeling. Recently, after looking at all these beautiful pictures from your forum with ship models I have regained my passion and started seriously this time thinking of making my first proper ship. After reviewing the options available, I decided to move with the 'The Saint-Philippe -1693' (Ancre, JC Lemineur). Yes, I know, it seems to be a great challenge but after checking its shapes and decorations I think is the one I want to go for it. Currently, I have been preparing my dedicated workshop (more details & pictures in near future). Also, I have been carefully reviewing the details of the plans before commencing any work soon. I am looking forward to starting my shipbuilding and exchanging interesting ideas with you.

hallo @T-8
and also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
You are planning a very interesting project - and very challenging :cool:
It would be great to see your work on the Saint-Philippe in a building log.
For everybody interested in this ship, please take a look at our planset review made by Lemineur

hallo @T-8
and also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
You are planning a very interesting project - and very challenging :cool:
It would be great to see your work on the Saint-Philippe in a building log.
For everybody interested in this ship, please take a look at our planset review made by Lemineur
Thanks a lot Uwek, I indeed reviewed it and found it very useful which actually made me to purchase the monograph.

Thanks a lot for giving me this opportunity to join this forum. It’s been a while since I have been reading the discussions here about ship models which have given me some inspiration to my early stage ship modeling hobby. My passion for plank-on-frame ship modeling started many years ago when I was still at school. I grow up on a small island in Greece where they build traditional type wooden small ships called caiques. I have been lucky shadowing shipyard builders making those ships from scratch and that grew my passion for wooden ship models. I also tried that time to build my first ship model by just inspecting the illustrated pictures from books and without using any plans; this attempt was deemed to failure but it gave me basic knowledge about woodworking ship modeling. Recently, after looking at all these beautiful pictures from your forum with ship models I have regained my passion and started seriously this time thinking of making my first proper ship. After reviewing the options available, I decided to move with the 'The Saint-Philippe -1693' (Ancre, JC Lemineur). Yes, I know, it seems to be a great challenge but after checking its shapes and decorations I think is the one I want to go for it. Currently, I have been preparing my dedicated workshop (more details & pictures in near future). Also, I have been carefully reviewing the details of the plans before commencing any work soon. I am looking forward to starting my shipbuilding and exchanging interesting ideas with you.
Hallo @T-8
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy New Year!

Apologies for my silence but I was on long holidays all this time.
Thank you so much for the well wishes.
I will come back soon with some updates on my new endeavor of the ship model building.

Kind regards
Tolis

Hallo @T-8
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Saint-Philippe going?

Yess, it would be nice to see some pictures of your Saint-Philippe.
Do you have any?

Back