Hello from Ennismore, Canada

New to the forum and to model shipbuilding, although I have a bit of carving experience. For the last few months, my brother and I have been researching and building a 1/72 POB model of a notional 1870s Great Lakes canaller type schooner. I have made the drawings from scratch based on period photos and shipwreck reports and he has been building the hull. I agreed to do the three masts and as much of the rigging on them as possible prior to their installation. Nobody knows exactly what these ships looked like below the waterline when new as there are no drawings of the period. Anyway, this has inspired me to buy the Lady Nelson from Victory and once I clear the schooner off my bench, I will start that. Thanks in advance for the build logs that I have been reading through. Don't let lack of comments represent lack of interest. I am sure that many, like me, are avidly watching from the sidelines.

I will ask my brother to post some photos of the hull of the canaller -- I assume that is what you mean. The canaller is a fascinating project. My intention is to build the LN by following the 20 or so instructional videos that Amati have created for this model. There are so many possible approaches I figure you have to initially just pick a guru and follow him/her.

I will ask my brother to post some photos of the hull of the canaller -- I assume that is what you mean. The canaller is a fascinating project. My intention is to build the LN by following the 20 or so instructional videos that Amati have created for this model. There are so many possible approaches I figure you have to initially just pick a guru and follow him/her.
Is that Ennismore as in the Peterborough area?
John

Happy Birthday, Tangopapa! Whether it loud or quite, we wish all the best and many more years to come!

Back