Hello from France

Hi to everybody,

I am french, 50 years old and I live in the South of France. English is not my native language but I will do my best.
After I moved from Paris to south of France I decided to do modelism again. When I very recently discovered the chinese brand ZHL I searched on internet and found Ships of scale. That's why I'm here today.
I sold all my plastic kits (except one, the Mikasa from Hobby Boss) to buy the Bonhomme Richard Cross Section (Pear version) and the beautiful Chebec Le Requin (Cherry wood full rib version). Bonhomme Richard arrived yesterday and Le Requin is on the way...
Until now I was never satisfied with kits. Quality of wood or chandlery for exemple. Most of time I had to change wood, scratch some things.... And I am not good enough to make a complete scratch model.
I hope I will find here some help when I will start my build log. I just have to sell a few things more to make a place for the build of the kits.

Bien à vous.

Jean-François

Welcome aboard Ships of Scale! I build mostly plastic ship models but recently started the HMS Blanford cross section group build. This is a first time for plank on frame build for me and I too have some tool limitations. I am sure Ships of Scale members would love to see your first build log here, good luck and once again, welcome!

Hi to everybody,

I am french, 50 years old and I live in the South of France. English is not my native language but I will do my best.
After I moved from Paris to south of France I decided to do modelism again. When I very recently discovered the chinese brand ZHL I searched on internet and found Ships of scale. That's why I'm here today.
I sold all my plastic kits (except one, the Mikasa from Hobby Boss) to buy the Bonhomme Richard Cross Section (Pear version) and the beautiful Chebec Le Requin (Cherry wood full rib version). Bonhomme Richard arrived yesterday and Le Requin is on the way...
Until now I was never satisfied with kits. Quality of wood or chandlery for exemple. Most of time I had to change wood, scratch some things.... And I am not good enough to make a complete scratch model.
I hope I will find here some help when I will start my build log. I just have to sell a few things more to make a place for the build of the kits.

Bien à vous.

Jean-François
Hello Jean ,welcome to Sos,I am glad you joined our family,also looking forward to your builds.

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board.
I am also working just now on the same section model and also our member @neptune - our building logs you can find here:

I am looking forward to see also your´s, so we can assist us

Welcome aboard SOS! We are glad you have joined us and looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Welcome, Jean-François, from the refuge of the Acadians-- South Louisiana, USA.
I searched the various Ship model building sites and found this one suited me best.
Bienvenue. Maintenant, sortez vos outils et commencez à construire!
Sid Barras Jr

Hi to everybody,

Bien à vous.

Jean-François

Welcome Jean- Francois to a fantastic site, I look forward to your build logs. Like you I am a little disillusioned with plastic kits and now prefer to scratch build, My preferred scale being 1-300 ships of the late 18th c.
I also live in the south of France near Beziers. Your English is most likely better than my French.

Bien à vous.
Kevin Ingram

Hallo Jean-François , alias @Jean1969
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
In your post you mentioned the Bonhomme Richard Cross Section and the Chebec Le Requin ...... and I guess you received both kits in the meantime.
Would be great if you could show your work and the kits in our forum.
BTW: We have already several building logs of the cross section of the Bonhomme Richard, so maybe also helpful for your work

Another welcome to the SoS forums.

Take time to look and read the build logs of the model your building. Others have built and sometimes help point out problems with kit or instructions you might need to know about, to save you time and frustration.

Stay safe and keep on building.

Hi to everybody,

Bien à vous.

Jean-François
Hallo @Jean1969
Birthday-Cake

Hi to everybody,

Bien à vous.

Jean-François
Hallo @Jean1969
Birthday-Cake

Back