Hello from Germany

Hi,
I am from Germany and I have an interest in historic Sailingships especially the H.A.M.V. BOUNTY
I started a Model of her from Revell some years ago but I did not finished it since I studied the original plans and the Stern from the Plastic-model-kit was too different. I have not much experience in building wooden models but I am reconstructing Ships in the Digital World.
See a few examples here: https://www.artstation.com/timelinemedia
christoph-schulz-wireframe-side.pngchristoph-schulz-wireframe-back.png

I think about doing a wooden Model of Bounty in the Future but first I need to learn the basics. In this Forum I found a Link to the page of navyshipboards which offers a great deal of material to learn from.

Hallo Topper.
a warm welcome here on board und ein herzliches Grüß Gott oder Hallo.
I wish we can help you in your journey of modeling.
Do you have the Anatomy of the ships book about the Bounty, written by John McKay ?
I am planning to make in short time a book review...

Hallo Uwe,

Yes I have this book. It tought me the basics on how a ships plan works and it is great that it lists the dimensions of the planks. That helped me a lot with my CGI-Model. However when I found the original plans online I realized that the drawings in the book have some huge inaccuracies. So I restarted my model based on the original draught and just used the Book for reference.

Hallo @Topper ,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Alles Alles Gute zu deinem Geburtstag - How is the work on the Bounty going?

Back