Hello from Inverkip Scotland

I am a new member, a complete novice. I live in Inverkip in Scotland, and having recently retired, took on a build of the Billings NR 576, Bluenose kit. I always fancied building something like this, but never had the time to do it justice, I was interested in the challenge, as well as teaching myself a new skill. Here is a short video of by efforts so far. I hope this is OK to share on your site? I added a narritive under the photographs. Againg, I hope you can read these. Thanks for indulging me. Any comments or advice (Positive or negative) is welcome.
View attachment Ian Wilsons Bluenose build log up to February 2021.mp4

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Maybe it would be good to start a building log, just from the actual status ....

WOW !!
If you say you are a complete novice, then I can not tell. If you have not done so, I wish you would start a Build Log on this - maybe I missed it - I will go look again.

Hi Ian from Inverkip, I am Allen from Livingston, Scotland. I am building my first and it is HMS Bounty, I am finding the Planking as it is a Bullnose extremly hard as a first build, though in saying that I am loving it.

I am a new member, a complete novice. I live in Inverkip in Scotland, and having recently retired, took on a build of the Billings NR 576, Bluenose kit. I always fancied building something like this, but never had the time to do it justice, I was interested in the challenge, as well as teaching myself a new skill. Here is a short video of by efforts so far. I hope this is OK to share on your site? I added a narritive under the photographs. Againg, I hope you can read these. Thanks for indulging me. Any comments or advice (Positive or negative) is welcome.
View attachment 215198
Hallo @Ian Wilson
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi Ian from Inverkip, I am Allen from Livingston, Scotland. I am building my first and it is HMS Bounty, I am finding the Planking as it is a Bullnose extremly hard as a first build, though in saying that I am loving it.
Hallo @Papa_Raigin
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

View attachment 215198
Welcome!

Hello Ian and welcome! If this your first ship, then you will greatly benefit from reading the many build logs on this forum on building the Bluenose. You can learn lots of techniques and several features you will want to add to your model.

Fellow modellers, Greetings from Inverkip in Scotland. Here is a copy of an updated PDF of my efforts so far. I posted an earlier video of my progress in June 2021. For the sake of good order, I simply added a few new slides to this. I hope you find this interesting, and of value. As before, I added a narritive under the photographs. Again, I hope you can read these. Thanks for indulging me. Any comments or advice, (Positive or negative), is always welcome.

Attachments

• Bluenose updated February 2023.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
View attachment 215198
Great video!

Last edited:
Back