Hello from Ireland

Iam getting back into ship building after many years, I have been into model making for many many years I've done a lot from static to r/c models. So here is hoping my next ship build will come out as good if not better than my last.

Sadly no as owing to moving house I had to sell them. So iam now getting back into the hobby as happily things have sorted themselves.

Hallo @Bren,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
We are happy, that you came back to ship modelling hobby after longer time of abstinence.
Hope to see your next project (Do you know already what you want to build?) in a building log..... maybe?
Welcome on board

Hallo @Bren,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
We are happy, that you came back to ship modelling hobby after longer time of abstinence.
Hope to see your next project (Do you know already what you want to build?) in a building log..... maybe?
Welcome on board
I was thinking of doing the tamiya 1/350 bismark or tirpitz

We would enjoy seeing a Bismark or Tirpitz built here !!!

Iam getting back into ship building after many years, I have been into model making for many many years I've done a lot from static to r/c models. So here is hoping my next ship build will come out as good if not better than my last.
Hallo @Bren
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Sorry guys ive been absent on here for roughly 2years as my partner has been in and out of hospital and had not a great diagnoses late last year so needless too say model building has been put on hold. Happy to say my best friend is back home and iam back caring for her, also now i can get back into the hobby as things have calmed down greatly. Hopefully later today iam hoping to purchase my long awaited Bismarck.

I might need some advice to be honest guys especially with rigging as i havent built a ship in a long long time, was thinking of using EZ line.

Hello Bren
Nice that you're back and even nicer that your partner is doing better. I wish you all the best for the future and, above all, good health, the greatest good there is. I'm looking forward to the first pictures of the Bismarck.

Last edited:
Sorry guys ive been absent on here for roughly 2years as my partner has been in and out of hospital and had not a great diagnoses late last year so needless too say model building has been put on hold. Happy to say my best friend is back home and iam back caring for her, also now i can get back into the hobby as things have calmed down greatly. Hopefully later today iam hoping to purchase my long awaited Bismarck.

I might need some advice to be honest guys especially with rigging as i havent built a ship in a long long time, was thinking of using EZ line.
Good to hear, that you are well and your partner is getting better. Wish you all the best

Related to the Bismark - which version will it be and from which manufacturer?
Best would beto start a building log, so you can show and we can give hints and tips

Good to hear, that you are well and your partner is getting better. Wish you all the best

Related to the Bismark - which version will it be and from which manufacturer?
Best would beto start a building log, so you can show and we can give hints and tips
Thank you, yes will do a build log, its the tamiya kit i will be doing, its 49yrs since i built a ship so deffinatly rusty when it comes too ship building, as for version haven't decided yet.

Hello Bren
Nice that you're back and even nicer that your partner is doing better. I wish you all the best for the future and, above all, good health, the greatest good there is. I'm looking forward to the first pictures of the Bismarck.
Hi Wolle,

Thank you for your kind words means a lot to be honest. As for the first pics no problem.

Good to hear that you are in calmer waters. Looking forward to following your build. Keep well.

Back