Hello from Italy

Hello Everyone,
I am Valmiki and I have been living in Italy for quite some time now.
For years on and off I always worked on aircraft modelling, never wood, always plastic.
A year ago I was given as gift the President from Mantua Model. It was a dream come true since I love ships and always wanted to build one.
In January of this year my father gave me his ship that built over 30 years ago and that recently broke for repairs: the Roter Löwe. The ship was in very poor conditions and after my first experience I also found out that he made many basic mistakes and didn't do a great deal of things that should have been done. This said, I am trying very hard not to change too much of the ship, enjoying and fixing it as best as I can without lets say hurt too much his feelings making too many modifications.
With the latest ship, I also found this fantastic forum with a wonderful spirit of brotherhood helping one another. I hope I can make my contribution one day.

This said, I also have a question, which I am not sure whom or how to ask so I am going to do it here. I am always creating a photografic log of my works and I can surely comment them. My question is, is it appropriate to create a log of an already finished project? Because if it helps the community I can surely do it but if it looses purpose coz the ship is already finished I don't want to waste your or my time.

This said. I hope that will have a lot of fun and nice conversations with you guys.

Hello and welcome, very interesting project, I wish you the best of luck. We have a true master builder of the Red Lion here in the @Ondras71 forum, you can definitely exchange ideas with him. Here is the link to his project.

Hello and welcome, very interesting project, I wish you the best of luck. We have a true master builder of the Red Lion here in the @Ondras71 forum, you can definitely exchange ideas with him. Here is the link to his project.

And yes @Ondras71 log on the Red Lion was the very log that made me find you guys. But I thank you nevertheless @Tobias for your kind advice. I might just contact him if I have any questions on the roping: I have almost no info on how to do that. Very much appreciated.

Interestingly enough, I have also notice that he also made the President like I did. Well, of course he is on a complete other level.

Welcome Valmiki !
I think you might be surprised as to how soon you might be able to contribute help in the forums. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the process of building a ship, but from some of your life experiences. :)

As far as posting a log of the repair of the ship, I'll leave that questions for the Administrators of the forum. However, you would be surprised how many time I see questions in forums about fixing ship models.

Jeff

Welcome Valmiki !
I think you might be surprised as to how soon you might be able to contribute help in the forums. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the process of building a ship, but from some of your life experiences. :)

As far as posting a log of the repair of the ship, I'll leave that questions for the Administrators of the forum. However, you would be surprised how many time I see questions in forums about fixing ship models.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff for your kind message. You know I almost replied to a post about translation into Italian ... then I realized that it was a very old post. But just to say that you are right, I might just contribute sooner than expected.

Welcome aboard!! You can go ahead and start a log
Thank you Admin.
As soon as I can I will proceed posting my log on the President of which I am finishing the display box and I am still missing the last few details as well. And also the repairings on the Red Lion. I am half way on that and I won't be able to do major changing even though they would be needed but I might get nice ideas/comments for my growth in my future quests I am sure.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back