Hello from Italy

I have been a ship modeller for several years, I have realized already many models from kit, and I have also been passionate about vintage RC (scratch built) glider models in the past. But I have not yet dealt with a POF model.
I arrived on this forum surfing the web and chasing CAf model's Le Coureur kit. (already ordered to celebrate my sixty years and I hope it arrives soon)
I have never made a pof model and I hope to find here some useful ideas / advice among the many more experienced than me modelers who attend this forum. As soon as I' ll start the construction I will open a building log.
Francesco

I have been a ship modeller for several years, I have realized already many models from kit, and I have also been passionate about vintage RC (scratch built) glider models in the past. But I have not yet dealt with a POF model.
I arrived on this forum surfing the web and chasing CAf model's Le Coureur kit. (already ordered to celebrate my sixty years and I hope it arrives soon)
I have never made a pof model and I hope to find here some useful ideas / advice among the many more experienced than me modelers who attend this forum. As soon as I' ll start the construction I will open a building log.
Francesco
Hallo Francesco and Buongiorno,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Happy to hear, that you are awaiting the Le Coureur - It is a really great kit and you will enjoy it very much.
I do not know, if you already saw the detailed kit review we made recently and also our started group build for this kit.
I recommend to join the group and maybe also to start a building log, with this we can support each other during the work.

Thank you for your kind reply.
Yes I have seen already the kit reviews and .. this has motivated me even further.
As soon as I will start the construction I will open a buildinf log. For the moment I have only to wait. Hopefully not too much

Welcome to the SOS sisco! Waiting for a kit you ordered is the longest wait you will have. Have fun and take pics of your work and ask any question you have in difficult problems from our members. We are all very happy to help.

Thank you.
For the moment I ' m tring to contact CAF models because I have received the pay pal confirmation of payment but no confirm of the order by CAF. I have tried to contact them via the mail contact on the web site but i have a message of error back. Have you perhaps a direct mail of caf model that does work? Has you cam image I don't feel very comfortable seeing already the bill .. and not yey any sign of existing from the seller !

Welcome aboard :)

I think the best way to contact CAF is a PM at this site. But be aware they have Autumn holidays in China until the 10th of October

Last edited:
Thank you to you all.
I would like to pick your suggestion PoulD :....

I think the best way to contact CAF is a PM at this site. But be aware they have Autumn holidays in China until the 10th of October

but... beeing a novice I have not yet understood how can identify Mr. CAF Model among the members and so far to find his mail address

If I go the CAF Model web site via the link in this forum and I' ll go the the "contact us" section . I'll find this

Contact Us

We always have someone on hand to answer your questions. We believe in the timeliness of customer service, and will do everything possible to satisfy our customers. If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions, please contact us.

Em:45044987@QQ.com

When I write to this address ..I ll get back this message

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently

* 45044987@qq.com

So far . I still am not able to contact Mr Caf model . May you help me please ? I just need to have the right mail to write to Mr Caf or that someone explain me how can among the numerous members of the forum identify him

Thank you to you all.
I would like to pick your suggestion PoulD :....

but... beeing a novice I have not yet understood how can identify Mr. CAF Model among the members and so far to find his mail address

If I go the CAF Model web site via the link in this forum and I' ll go the the "contact us" section . I'll find this

Contact Us

We always have someone on hand to answer your questions. We believe in the timeliness of customer service, and will do everything possible to satisfy our customers. If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions, please contact us.

Em:45044987@QQ.com

When I write to this address ..I ll get back this message

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently

* 45044987@qq.com

So far . I still am not able to contact Mr Caf model . May you help me please ? I just need to have the right mail to write to Mr Caf or that someone explain me how can among the numerous members of the forum identify him
You can contact him here on the forum in Private message

Ok - the easiest way is to write a P(ersonal) M(essage) here on SOS to our member @CAFmodel
We have a very good relation to them and he is a very reliable dealer.

You can choose the member you want to write a PM like here Caf - f.e. via his post
1.JPG

click on his name than you will find sich a small window -> here click on "start conversation"
2.JPG

and you can write a PM which is visible only of this person (also the staff of SOS are not able to see or read such conversations)
3.JPG

Only a short info - there was end of last week a very important public holiday in China and the people took often one week holiday. f.e. are the post-offices closed for some time, so therefore maybe the small delay.
Usually Tom from CAF is using DHL or other fast Courier, so the parcels are often arriving in some days after sending...... so very fast service.....

Please send Tom some regards from us

Just to clear up the difference: The method suggested by Uwe is a Private Message. The method suggested by Zoly is (I think) a Profile Message which can be read by everybody at the forum

Also, you don't need to find one of CAF's post to start from. You can do like this:
1601900415473.png
Then you just start typing the name in recipient and after the first few letters he will show up so you can pick the right recipients:
1601900464116.png

Last edited:
Thank you all. You have been useful to me. Forgive me for the naivety of the questions but I am trying to learn how to get around this site.
I also saw the videos of the tutorial section to avoid bothering with banality .. but my english is not much better than my computer skills
In fact, I followed Zoly's method and I realized that by doing so everyone could read my message which for privacy would have been better done in private.
I made a mistake . But now I understand. I will not make the same mistake twice
A final thank you and ... luckily for you ... conclusive

Just to clear up the difference: The method suggested by Uwe is a Private Message. The method suggested by Zoly is (I think) a Profile Message which can be read by everybody at the forum

Also, you don't need to find one of CAF's post to start from. You can do like this:
View attachment 183521
Then you just start typing the name in recipient and after the first few letters he will show up so you can pick the right recipients:
View attachment 183522
Nope ,I meant Private messages ,same as Uwe

Francesco
Welcome aboard!

Problem solved . My kit is "flyng" to Italy. Thank you to you ll
This are good news - Usually the postage from CAF to Europe will take only one week, so you can expect the arrival of the kit already in short time.
Hope to see your building log afterwards, as you mentioned earlier - Very good news :cool:

If somebody is interested in this highly recommended POF-kit of the Le Coureur from CAF in scale 1:48, please take a look at the detailed Kit Review:

Due to the fact, that we have a bigger number of SOS-members who have the kit, we have started a Group Build of this model.
So everybody is invited to take also a look here:

Back