Hello from Lancashire England

Hello everyone,
After a very long time away from modelling - both plastic and scratchbuilding (military dioramas etc - I would like to try my hand at making some
sailing ship models using the old Airfix kits as a basis.
For me it will be a case of improving the stock kits into something I can be proud of at the finish, in other words adding as much detail as possible, and this especially applies to the rigging!
Looking at this site/forum for the first time, with the magnificent builds going on, and all the photos of models which have been completed, I feel rather intimidated
and already feel out of my depth (!)
Anyway, in terms of sailing ships, amongst my stash of models yet to be built are the Victory, Wasa and Endeavour by Airfix.
One thing I am concerned about with all three is the rigging aspect, especially modelling the `blocks` accurately so they look in scale. I would appreciate any
opinions/advice on how to achieve this. Many thanks

JC

Hello everyone,
After a very long time away from modelling - both plastic and scratchbuilding (military dioramas etc - I would like to try my hand at making some
For me it will be a case of improving the stock kits into something I can be proud of at the finish, in other words adding as much detail as possible, and this especially applies to the rigging!
Looking at this site/forum for the first time, with the magnificent builds going on, and all the photos of models which have been completed, I feel rather intimidated
Anyway, in terms of sailing ships, amongst my stash of models yet to be built are the Victory, Wasa and Endeavour by Airfix.
One thing I am concerned about with all three is the rigging aspect, especially modelling the `blocks` accurately so they look in scale. I would appreciate any

JC
Welcome aboard JC.

Hello and welcome! This is a very friendly forum. Please feel free to post messages on any of our build logs, asking questions or just having fun. I wish more people would contribute suggestions and constructing criticism BEFORE I move on to later steps in a build so there's a chance of making corrections. So please be heard! We need input to make better ships.

Glad to have you aboard, there are many members who can help when needed.

If your worried about rigging and blocks, there are "after market" vendors who sell much improved rope, block and rigging items as well as other items needed to improve your ship build.

Take time to look around and check in the general helps area for posts on how to rig.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello everyone,

JC
Hallo @Raider17
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back