Hello from Long Island New York

Thank you form allowing me to join the group. I am a retired Electrician

A number of years ago my family gave me a couple of wooden boat kits. Last year I finally decided to start putting them together. The first model was a Midwest "The Dinghy" Second was the The Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack
Many hours of frustration huge learning curve.

"The Dinghy"
"The Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack"Midwest Muscungus Bay Lobster Smack Wood Boat.jpegPSX_20200329_143905.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_20200329_143054.jpeg
    Resized_20200329_143054.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Dinghy.jpeg
    Dinghy.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 17
Welcome aboard the forums.

Lots of stuff you read and learn from here. I have only been member for a month or so and learned a lot about how to do different things in building ships.

We all start with low experience and learn form mistakes made as we progress.

Welcome aboard! While there is a learning curve in any endeavor, it seems like wooden model ship building has more than most. It's something we all deal with. That said - it looks like you have done a very nice job on your first kits. It's a great way to learn this art. I myself have built more that a few "beginners" kits in the past - and its a good thing I did. I learned so much before moving on to more ambitious project. Anyway - again a warm welcome.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Both of your kits look great! Well done indeed! Welcome to the forum. Remember we all started out as newbies and learning from our mistakes...plus...it is only wood meaning if it is wrong or broke you can make a new part...and finally...any model no matter how big is literally "one part at a time!" Last...all questions are welcome!

Thank you form allowing me to join the group. I am a retired Electrician

A number of years ago my family gave me a couple of wooden boat kits. Last year I finally decided to start putting them together. The first model was a Midwest "The Dinghy" Second was the The Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack
Many hours of frustration huge learning curve.

"The Dinghy"
"The Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack"View attachment 140825View attachment 140827
Hallo David alias @Sparky
we wish you all the BEST and HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back