Hello from Long Island, NY USA

My name is Carl, and from the title, I am from Long Island, NY USA, specifically in a town called Massapequa Park. I am a technologist for a large healthcare system focusing my attentions on technology disaster recovery.

This is my first attempt at building a plank on frame model, for my inauguration I am going to attempt to build the Constructo Enterprise. I have built many polystyrene and resin model kits but mostly in the science fiction genre. I have always been intrigued by tall ships and did construct a polystyrene model of the Cutty Sark, that was about 45 years ago, and also did a solid hull model of the Charles W. Morgan, maybe a year or so after the Cutty Sark. So I am no stranger to modeling, but when I opened the Constructo Enterprise and saw all the parts and the minimalist instructions I keep thinking I may have bit off more than I can chew. I do have to shout out to Pathfinder for his very comprehensive log building this model. I hope that my attempt comes close to that masterpiece.

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.

Hello Carl and welcome aboard SOS from Brooklyn, NY!! Wow, a real neighbor, almost around the corner, South to Belt Parkway! We are glad you found us and hope to see some of your work (models). It would be great if you start the build log of your Constructo Enterprise, But wait... Enterprise - Model Ship Kit by Constructo is a plank on the bulkhead. Do they have a new kit based on POF?

Have fun neighbor

Hallo Carl,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello Carl and welcome aboard SOS from Brooklyn, NY!! Wow, a real neighbor, almost around the corner, South to Belt Parkway! We are glad you found us and hope to see some of your work (models). It would be great if you start the build log of your Constructo Enterprise, But wait... Enterprise - Model Ship Kit by Constructo is a plank on the bulkhead. Do they have a new kit based on POF?

Have fun neighbor
Hey Jimsky, my error it is plank on the bulkhead. I think it's the same kit that I saw Pathfinder has a very comprehensive log of.

I have been reading through the forum, figuring out how to take proper pictures and getting materials and tools ready, as well as a good workplace. I am hoping to start a build log, I need to figure that out as well, within the next week or so.

Welcome to the SoS forums, take time to look around and check out many help and general discussion topics that may help with your first build.

You have found another build log, which may be of good help to you.

I have been reading through the forum, figuring out how to take proper pictures and getting materials and tools ready, as well as a good workplace. I am hoping to start a build log, I need to figure that out as well, within the next week or so.
This sounds very good - and building log is only "posting and showing your model in different phases of the construction"
So we are looking forward to see your Constructo Enterprise - and I am sure @Pathfinder65 and we all will follow and assist you....

Hi Carl,

First welcome to the forum, great bunch of helpers here, lots of advice and constructive criticism available.
I can feel your angst, my first look into the Constructo kit box was a OMG moment. My model ship modeling experience was absolutely ZERO. But I managed by trial and error, multiple redos and sheer perseverance to complete the build. The build manual is not the best and skips a few steps here and there but overall gives a good picture of how things go together. The best advice I can give is to read the build step, look at the plans and try to envision how it all fits. You can see by my log that I bumbled along, asked a lot of questions and spent time creating work helpers (jigs) and for the most part got it right. When your build is complete, only you not those who admire your efforts will see any mistakes.

BTW, @Rowboat is also building a Constructo Enterprise, although his kit is an earlier version.

Jan

Hi Carl,

First welcome to the forum, great bunch of helpers here, lots of advice and constructive criticism available.
I can feel your angst, my first look into the Constructo kit box was a OMG moment. My model ship modeling experience was absolutely ZERO. But I managed by trial and error, multiple redos and sheer perseverance to complete the build. The build manual is not the best and skips a few steps here and there but overall gives a good picture of how things go together. The best advice I can give is to read the build step, look at the plans and try to envision how it all fits. You can see by my log that I bumbled along, asked a lot of questions and spent time creating work helpers (jigs) and for the most part got it right. When your build is complete, only you not those who admire your efforts will see any mistakes.

BTW, @Rowboat is also building a Constructo Enterprise, although his kit is an earlier version.

Jan
I read through your whole log, I liked it because of how it was written and how you overcame the road blocks. Very well written, in my humble opinion.

-Carl

My name is Carl, and from the title, I am from Long Island, NY USA, specifically in a town called Massapequa Park. I am a technologist for a large healthcare system focusing my attentions on technology disaster recovery.

This is my first attempt at building a plank on frame model, for my inauguration I am going to attempt to build the Constructo Enterprise. I have built many polystyrene and resin model kits but mostly in the science fiction genre. I have always been intrigued by tall ships and did construct a polystyrene model of the Cutty Sark, that was about 45 years ago, and also did a solid hull model of the Charles W. Morgan, maybe a year or so after the Cutty Sark. So I am no stranger to modeling, but when I opened the Constructo Enterprise and saw all the parts and the minimalist instructions I keep thinking I may have bit off more than I can chew. I do have to shout out to Pathfinder for his very comprehensive log building this model. I hope that my attempt comes close to that masterpiece.

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
Hallo Carl alias @cccampagn59
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back