Hello from Lorne in Victoria Australia

I am just exploring what so many talented builders have produced. I started building yachts only some five years ago with a kit from Tippecanoe, the wonderful T37, I guess it’s not really a ship of scale but it sure sails well. My craft are all radio control and I am up to craft number nine which include a Thames Barge, some J Class yachts and an early 1900 Scratch built Cutter, I am wondering what next to take on, I said to someone the other day that I don’t really need another boat but I do need another challenge. A large RC model of PEN DUICK say 1.5 M max is teasing my mind at present but am unsure how to start. Congratulations to all of the builders and their models that I see on this site.

Very nice fleet, Tony, while they all different, they all have something in common: Lorne! The place they were born?

Very nice fleet, Tony, while they all different, they all have something in common: Lorne! The place they were born?
Hi Jim, Yes Lorne is a little beach town in Victoria 2 hours south west of Melbourne where I live, build and sail my craft in the river mouth.
with the current Covid19 crises I think that it is a good time for all of us to stay indoors and make model boats.
stay well, regards Tony

Hallo,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Beautiful models you are showing us - so I am happy to see your actual project in a building log .....

I am just exploring what so many talented builders have produced. I started building yachts only some five years ago with a kit from Tippecanoe, the wonderful T37, I guess it’s not really a ship of scale but it sure sails well. My craft are all radio control and I am up to craft number nine which include a Thames Barge, some J Class yachts and an early 1900 Scratch built Cutter, I am wondering what next to take on, I said to someone the other day that I don’t really need another boat but I do need another challenge. A large RC model of PEN DUICK say 1.5 M max is teasing my mind at present but am unsure how to start. Congratulations to all of the builders and their models that I see on this site.
Hallo @Tony W
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Welcome aboard Tony. :)

Back