Hello From Melbourne.

Hi everyone and a big thank you to the administrators for adding me to the group.
I'm an italian who moved to Australia 5 years ago and recently my passion to build sailing ships has come back. My first model was a HMS Bounty Mantua model 10 years ago, quite hard for a beginner but I really enjoyed building that ship even though I didn't have enough experience and knowledge with wood and also not having the right tools didn't help a lot. After that, I built la Couronne always kit Mantua, beautiful sailing ship with good plans and drawings, great quality material. It took me almost two years to finish it and I put it in a glass display that I build by myself.

Since moved to Australia I never had the time to build another model, I was going to trade school and also working at the same time, too much I have to say. So I just dedicated my time for a small model, I recently finished "The Harvey", bought it on ebay for 30 bucks but the kit came with crap material from China and few pieces and plans were missing "obviously bad review for them". Anyway, Just for fun, to getback into it again but overall looks pretty.
I am thinking to purchase the next ship, and being working in a factory for a while were I work with timber wood and tools with many type of glue I am now ready to use my skills for the Wasa vessel, the model I alwas dreamed. Anyone have experience with this model Billing boats?

Welcome, I mean there are a few building logs of Wasa here at SOS, but I'm not sure if this is by Billing`s.
Yep one of the Admin send me the link and it’s very interesting. I never heard this brand but seems It’s made with good material apart for the single plank I might change it too if I decide to buy this model.
thanks for the reply
Lorenzo

Back