Hello From Montenegro

Hello, thanks for approving my request for the account, it is an honor.

My name is Vanja, and I am completely new to the world of ship modeling. In fact, I am not a modeler at all but I have huge respect for this art. I was always fascinated by sailing ships and did research them for quite a long time and as an amateur sailor I spent some time on a full-rigged ship, that's about all of the references that I have. The reason I am here is exactly the fact that I don't know much about ship models and yet I need to know.

I have a company that produces innovative historic museums and history related festivals and exhibitions covering various periods often in collaboration with local governments.

Our new project is called "The Sailing Ships Square" The idea is to make an open-air exhibition on one of the squares in Kotor old town (my hometown) of various types of sailing ships that can be remotely controlled. We intend to have different types of sailing ships some of which were built and used by the locals in different centuries. We want it to be engaging towards children and adults and the project aims to be both entertaining and educative.

The naval tradition of Kotor is quite long and fascinating and it is still one of the most common carriers among locals, we have maritime high school, Maritime college, and two maritime museums in the town. Because of that, we would like to make this project good and use nice ship models for it. Despite this big tradition ship modeling and almost a lost art in the area.

So I would like to connect with modelers from Europe preferably close to Montenegro who can help us with this project with their skill and experience and advice and hopefully have a mutually beneficial collaboration.

Thanks again and I am sorry if this is not the best place to have this kind of post.

Back