Hello from New Jersey, USA

I'm a member of the South Orange Seaport Society (aka S.O.S. !) Radio Controlled Model Boat Club. I'm a retired electrical engineer who picked up 3D printing 3 years ago to keep myself occupied. The 3D printing learning curve was steep but I started out with a BIBO 3D printer and the Cura slicer to learn 3D printing basics. There are plenty of sample 3d prints (*.stl files) from the Thingiverse site. I decided to use the Trimble Sketchup CAD program. It took several months to get the hang of the drawing tools but there are plenty of You Tube training videos. Using 2D drawings from the "HMS Agassiz: A Flower Class Corvette", I was able to generate the stl files to 3D print a 1/48 scale radio controlled model ship. It took over 1000 hours of Sketchup CAD work and got details from Movies Like "A Cruel Sea", " Corvette K225" as well as internet photos

I decided to sell the stl package on CGTrader to help defray the material cost.
I also did a ELCO PT Boat and A Fletcher Class destroyer.

Cheers!

bensworx

IMG_20190914_120315.jpgDSC_8561.JPGIMG_20200926_105354.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Very interesting projects you are working :cool:

welcome - 3d printing is up there with 'here be dragons' for me so I'm mightily impressed

here are some photos of the 3D printed corvette at my model boat club's 2019 picnic regatta. It uses a 750 Mabucci type brushed motor

I'm a member of the South Orange Seaport Society (aka S.O.S. !) Radio Controlled Model Boat Club. I'm a retired electrical engineer who picked up 3D printing 3 years ago to keep myself occupied. The 3D printing learning curve was steep but I started out with a BIBO 3D printer and the Cura slicer to learn 3D printing basics. There are plenty of sample 3d prints (*.stl files) from the Thingiverse site. I decided to use the Trimble Sketchup CAD program. It took several months to get the hang of the drawing tools but there are plenty of You Tube training videos. Using 2D drawings from the "HMS Agassiz: A Flower Class Corvette", I was able to generate the stl files to 3D print a 1/48 scale radio controlled model ship. It took over 1000 hours of Sketchup CAD work and got details from Movies Like "A Cruel Sea", " Corvette K225" as well as internet photos

I decided to sell the stl package on CGTrader to help defray the material cost.
I also did a ELCO PT Boat and A Fletcher Class destroyer.

Cheers!

bensworx
Hallo @bensworx
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back