Hello from New orleans

I am a new member and unlike many of you I am primarily a painter not a modeler. I have spent 40 years working to portray actual historic sailing ships as accurately as is possible given the limits of my talents and my knowledge.104091104092104093 I look to forums like these as a source of technical information to use in my illustrations

A warm welcome also from my side.
And these are great illustrations - real ART
Maybe once you have some time it would be very interesting to see how you make the research and made also such a painting.
Somehow a "Building - Painting - Log" - Would be really interesting :cool:

I am a new member and unlike many of you I am primarily a painter not a modeler. I have spent 40 years working to portray actual historic sailing ships as accurately as is possible given the limits of my talents and my knowledge.View attachment 104091View attachment 104092View attachment 104093 I look to forums like these as a source of technical information to use in my illustrations
Hallo @ichaelpsutton2 ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Welcome to the Forums.

Any chance you have visited the PT Boat rebuild in museum in New Orleans?

I spent 14 years up in Alexandria, got to visit the Crescent City a few times over the years.

I am a new member and unlike many of you I am primarily a painter not a modeler. I have spent 40 years working to portray actual historic sailing ships as accurately as is possible given the limits of my talents and my knowledge. I look to forums like these as a source of technical information to use in my illustrations
Hallo @ichaelpsutton2
We wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

blocks a little too prominent

Maybe just a hair - but however, the blocks to me look almost right at scale to me. But for a drawing like this - I think they are fine considering the fact that the overall painting is just awesome - !!!!

I am a new member and unlike many of you I am primarily a painter not a modeler. I have spent 40 years working to portray actual historic sailing ships as accurately as is possible given the limits of my talents and my knowledge. I look to forums like these as a source of technical information to use in my illustrations
Hallo @ichaelpsutton2
We wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back