Hello from North Carolina.

I have been an avid modeler specializing in complex plastic/photo etch ships, armor, airplanes and jets. I have built a solid hull model of the Fair American which taught me about rigging, shaping masts….. I have started to build the 1/64 Mamoli Yacht Mary which is my first plank on bulkhead ship. All went well until I attempted to place the garboard strake. The kit planking directions for the stern planks are non existent which has been quite frustrating. I posted my issue the other day and was blown away by the hints, help and knowledge that the SOS members so kindly offered. I am humbled by the amazing skill the members have and I will most likely be asking for more help in the future.

There are plenty of us that will be glad to provide recommendations. :)
In addition, there are some technical papers written on planking that might help you as well as looking at any build logs for the ship you are working on. Also, there are lots of videos available on the internet !

Thanks Corsair. I have viewed the build logs of the Yacht Mary but they did not cover the stern planking. I got some good advice from my last post and have faired the stern bulwarks. I had to adjust one of the bulwarks to stop the garboard plank from undulating. I laid the plank (pictures below). It is glued so I am committed. Should the plank nun to the end of the false keel? I am interested in your advise. Thanks again7C582CE8-9ACE-44C4-9A89-E5E4FD4FC230.jpegA607D81F-6574-4C37-A175-3EA8FEA967B0.jpeg

Thanks Corsair. I have viewed the build logs of the Yacht Mary but they did not cover the stern planking. I got some good advice from my last post and have faired the stern bulwarks. I had to adjust one of the bulwarks to stop the garboard plank from undulating. I laid the plank (pictures below). It is glued so I am committed. Should the plank nun to the end of the false keel? I am interested in your advise. Thanks againView attachment 362433View attachment 362434
Looks great !

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Please take a look at this manual about planking - could be very helpful

Attachments

• plankingprojectbeginners.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Well I have read the planking guide and have jumped in and have made good progress on the first planking. Attached are some pics of the Mamoli planking plan and my latest shots. I am getting more comfortable with the process but have a lot to learn. Comments and constructive criticism is welcomed Thanks to all of the help.

7FC03BFF-84A4-4094-92D6-966A6FF7214C.jpeg

2FB7958F-D320-430F-AB81-B9D1C1872B40.jpeg

EFC37174-FDCD-467A-BC9A-EFF67AA47AF7.jpeg

C7C13949-DD6F-4B28-9AD5-21C271561CC9.jpeg

Back