Hello from Ottawa, Canada

Hello SoS — find I have time on my hands (semi-retired), a pool in the backyard for testing and cottage north of me in West Québec, Canada, and want to build a wooden boat (abs hull) with a mini working marine steam engine. Have just order the Borkum from Krick and hope it will be here in a week or so. It will help me pass the time during this social-isolation. I have on order the 2" Clyde steam plant from MSM Australia. Joined the local club but with the stay at home edict, not sure when I will get to meet the members and see their boats. Hope to be able to ask questions as I start my journey. Thanks for the welcome, Derek/Kanata/Canada (morfa).

Hello SoS — find I have time on my hands (semi-retired), a pool in the backyard for testing and cottage north of me in West Québec, Canada, and want to build a wooden boat (abs hull) with a mini working marine steam engine. Have just order the Borkum from Krick and hope it will be here in a week or so. It will help me pass the time during this social-isolation. I have on order the 2" Clyde steam plant from MSM Australia. Joined the local club but with the stay at home edict, not sure when I will get to meet the members and see their boats. Hope to be able to ask questions as I start my journey. Thanks for the welcome, Derek/Kanata/Canada (morfa).
Another Canadian! We are taking over slow but sure.
John

Hello Derek, Welcome aboard the SOS Form, you will find a lot of very helpful ship mates here. Your working steam engine sounds great. A few years ago I built the African Queen for my Admiral as she just loved that old movie. No working seam engine though. Looking forward to your build log.
Regards Lawrence

Hello from a yank down in the USA, not everybody on here is from up North!

Have fun, ask questions, these folks will answer most anything you ask about, and tell you what you need to know.

Lots of good info in various forums, so look around and read build logs, I have learned much in just a month or so here.

Waiting by the door for my boat from Germany - go DHL/Canada Post!

Welcome aboard SOS, Morfa! This is a great place to be and we are happy you are with us! Enjoy and have fun!

Hallo,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hallo @morfa ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks - just got notification that my Borkum kit has made it to Canada and on its way for delivery - can't wait to start.
Derek

Back