Hello From Pearland Texas

Just wanted to reach out and say HI. I am amazed at all the resources this site has to offer. I purchased my first ( and to this point) and only model back in 1983 from Model Expo. It is a Artesania Latina SWIFT. I have worked on it a few times through the years, but now plan to complete it. I would rate myself as approaching a novice. Can't believe the talent shown here. I am retired from the U.S. Navy, so lots of time to finish this project.

Mike

IMG_2409.JPG

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Hope to see your work on the Swift in a building log - so we would be able to help and assist, when ever necessary and requested

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Hope to see your work on the Swift in a building log - so we would be able to help and assist, when ever necessary and requested
Thanks for the welcome. This kit was purchased back in the 80's. The thought then was ..."if all else fails, read the instructions". I was able to finish the hull, then the kit laid idle for probably twenty five years in a workshop in my garage. The extreme temperature variances caused the hull to warp slightly and some of the planking to separate. I find that the instructions tend to be on the cryptic side. I did get some help from the Artesania website which has a copy of the current instructions. I found a SWIFT kit on eBay ($40) and bought it in case I had lost or damaged any parts from my original kit.

Side note: Wife and I spent a week in Vienna a couple of years ago. Absolutely beautiful city!

Just wanted to reach out and say HI. I am amazed at all the resources this site has to offer. I purchased my first ( and to this point) and only model back in 1983 from Model Expo. It is a Artesania Latina SWIFT. I have worked on it a few times through the years, but now plan to complete it. I would rate myself as approaching a novice. Can't believe the talent shown here. I am retired from the U.S. Navy, so lots of time to finish this project.

Mike
Hallo Mike alias @Ret-Navy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Mike
Hallo Mike alias @Ret-Navy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back