Hello From Pioneer CA

Fairly new builder here. I've done lot of model building in my time but never to the level that I would consider " advanced". I've recently retired and have started to revert back to an old hobby that I loved back in the day. So I started building models again. I've done quite a few WWII planes and tanks and such but the Revell 1:72 Black Pearl recently caught my eye and decided to try it after building the Jolly Roger (similar) ship. So, I just got it in and am very impressed with the quality of this model. I do have some experience on weathering and washes and such, but mostly on tanks, planes and equipment. Not so much on ships. I would like some advice from you experts on what order and colors to do on the Black Pearl to make it look authentic. I've spent the last 2 hours with the search feature here about the Pearl but other than great pictures and ideas, not so much on painting techniques. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Like what color to start with? Do you prime the plastic first? I do have an airbrush. What was colors do you suggest? Thanks in advance. I'll try to start a "build" as I go.

Welcome to the forums! I don’t have experience weathering the ships, but I’m sure there are others on here that will be glad to help !

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Fairly new builder here. I've done lot of model building in my time but never to the level that I would consider " advanced". I've recently retired and have started to revert back to an old hobby that I loved back in the day. So I started building models again. I've done quite a few WWII planes and tanks and such but the Revell 1:72 Black Pearl recently caught my eye and decided to try it after building the Jolly Roger (similar) ship. So, I just got it in and am very impressed with the quality of this model. I do have some experience on weathering and washes and such, but mostly on tanks, planes and equipment. Not so much on ships. I would like some advice from you experts on what order and colors to do on the Black Pearl to make it look authentic. I've spent the last 2 hours with the search feature here about the Pearl but other than great pictures and ideas, not so much on painting techniques. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Like what color to start with? Do you prime the plastic first? I do have an airbrush. What was colors do you suggest? Thanks in advance. I'll try to start a "build" as I go.
Hallo @stich
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back