Hello from Repentigny (outskirts of Montreal City) Canada

Hello everyone,

I'm 45 years old F and I live in Repentigny, 20 minutes from Montreal, in Canada. My first language is French.

I began to make model ships from scratch there is 2 years ago when the translation from English to French of the Royal Commission of Inquiry of 1912 upon the sinking of the RMS TITANIC gives me the idea of building the TITANIC. However it was too complicated and I decided to build the lifeboat (those made of wood of 30' not the collapsible ones) using the Bread and Butter's method, but I failed it 4 times. I didn't get discouraged and tried to build the KATHLEEN, a Sloop of 1904 which is kept in California at the Museum of the Sea near the QUEEN MARY (is there someone who has pictures of the KATHLEEN at the Museum ??). I have found the plans at the Library of Congress which has been made in CAD from the original plans.

https://www.loc.gov/item/ca3967/

I began the KATHLEEN las August and the building goes well. Here's some pictures.

KATHLEEN début.JPGIMG_6433.JPGSloop KATHLEEN - Février 2020.JPG

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Like Jim mentioned already, it would be good to start a building log, just from the status of today, so we can help and assist whenever necessary and requested.

Hello everyone,

I'm 45 years old F and I live in Repentigny, 20 minutes from Montreal, in Canada. My first language is French.

I began to make model ships from scratch there is 2 years ago when the translation from English to French of the Royal Commission of Inquiry of 1912 upon the sinking of the RMS TITANIC gives me the idea of building the TITANIC. However it was too complicated and I decided to build the lifeboat (those made of wood of 30' not the collapsible ones) using the Bread and Butter's method, but I failed it 4 times. I didn't get discouraged and tried to build the KATHLEEN, a Sloop of 1904 which is kept in California at the Museum of the Sea near the QUEEN MARY (is there someone who has pictures of the KATHLEEN at the Museum ??). I have found the plans at the Library of Congress which has been made in CAD from the original plans.

https://www.loc.gov/item/ca3967/

I began the KATHLEEN las August and the building goes well. Here's some pictures.
Hallo @Kareen
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back