Hello from Rhode Island

Hi all, Pete in RI here. Been modelling since JC was a kid, cut my teeth on Airfix. Now specialize in ships and 1/32 WW1 and interwar aircraft. Currently building 1/200 HMS Hood and 1/32 Gloster Gladiator. Hellers' 1/100 HMS Victory is in the next-up pile complete with all of Dafi's goodies and a few extra bits too. Still compiling references for that one. I am also on Model Warships, Large Scale Planes, Britmodeller and Model Ship World so I probably spend waaayyy too much time surfing forums instead of building models like I should be.

Hallo Pete,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi all, Pete in RI here. Been modelling since JC was a kid, cut my teeth on Airfix. Now specialize in ships and 1/32 WW1 and interwar aircraft. Currently building 1/200 HMS Hood and 1/32 Gloster Gladiator. Hellers' 1/100 HMS Victory is in the next-up pile complete with all of Dafi's goodies and a few extra bits too. Still compiling references for that one. I am also on Model Warships, Large Scale Planes, Britmodeller and Model Ship World so I probably spend waaayyy too much time surfing forums instead of building models like I should be.
Hallo Pete alias @europapete
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi Guys, thank you for the bday. Where are you both? Yep, will do a build thread as soon as I figure out pic posting.

Hi Guys, thank you for the bday. Where are you both? Yep, will do a build thread as soon as I figure out pic posting.
Welcome and Happy Birthday !
First, you want to have the picture on the device you are creating the forum message on. For the picture posting, when you are creating a new or reply message, there is a tool bar at the top of the message box. If you click on the icon that looks like a picture (next to the one that looks like 2 links of chain) it will give you a pop-up that says "Drop image (or click here). You can either drag and drop a picture there, or you can just click there and search through a directory listing of files to pick the picture you wish to use. Once you have done that it will add the picture into the message you are creating. If you wish, after you have added the picture, there will be orange boxes at the corners of the picture. You can drag that corner to make the picture smaller (or larger). Then you click on the "Post Reply" or "Post Thread" and you have completed posting a picture !

Hope that helps

Jeff

First, you want to have the picture on the device you are creating the forum message on. For the picture posting, when you are creating a new or reply message, there is a tool bar at the top of the message box. If you click on the icon that looks like a picture (next to the one that looks like 2 links of chain) it will give you a pop-up that says "Drop image (or click here). You can either drag and drop a picture there, or you can just click there and search through a directory listing of files to pick the picture you wish to use. Once you have done that it will add the picture into the message you are creating. If you wish, after you have added the picture, there will be orange boxes at the corners of the picture. You can drag that corner to make the picture smaller (or larger). Then you click on the "Post Reply" or "Post Thread" and you have completed posting a picture !

Hope that helps

Jeff
Don't forget to post FULL IMAGE on each photo to add to your post. The SoS program sizes each image within the site.

Hope that helps

Jeff
Wow! Thanks Jeff! I am a total computer idiot but that sounds like it's a lot easier than other forums I frequent ( Large Scale Planes, Britmodeller, etc).

Back