Hello from Rotterdam

Hello, I am René from Rotterdam Netherlands.

My wife and me live nearby the Rotterdam harbor. So we regularly see beautiful classic sailing ships passing by.

About 30 years ago I started building Cutty Sark from Billing Boats. I finished but for a first project it was a bit too large. The whole project took about 7 years. I Still do love the beautyful lines of the Cutty Sark!

Now that I have more free time I decided to start building Dutch VOC model ships

My current project is VOC ship Batavia from Kolderstok

IMG_4467.jpg

I have seen lots of inspiring stories on this Forum so I am pleased to meet you all!

Last edited:
Welcome Rénee, to SOS, the friendliest forum (and the best..) on the WWW. It is good to have you here. You have a real live representation of your model in a local harbor.!!! How fortunate for you.! So, pull up a chair and enjoy your time spent with the forum. Lots of good folks here.
Again, welcome.!!

Hi René :)
welcome abord Thumbsup
we will be happy to follow after your blog, you will find here A great bunch of good people who will be happy to accompany and support you

Hello, I am René from Rotterdam Netherlands.

My wife and me live nearby the Rotterdam harbor. So we regularly see beautiful classic sailing ships passing by.
Now that I have more free time I decided to start building a Dutch VOC ship model.
About 30 years ago I started building Cutty Sark from Billing Boats. I finished but for a first project it was a bit too large. The whole project took about 7 years. I Still do love the beautyful lines of the Cutty Sark!

Four weeks ago I started with the Corel kit Halve Maen (Half Moon). Luckily at that time the replica of Half Moon was moored in Rotterdam harbor. We visited this ship and we were given an extensive tour by the captain himself.

View attachment 172686

I recently started a build log of my model, its called
Halve Maen (Half Moon) Corel 1:50

View attachment 172687

I have seen lots of inspiring stories on this Forum so I am pleased to meet you all! Hope to see you on my building log.
Welcome to the forum. Very nice work you are doing.

Back