Hello from San Francisco.

Well, I am actually across the bay from San Francisco. I am a complete novice at boat-building, but am looking around with interest.

hi
&welcome. It's comforting to know Im in the company of other novice. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. you can get a lot of help here

Reactions: Mea
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum :cool:

Dear Mea
welcome aboard :)
I have been in San Francisco several times and it's beautiful place to visit

Well, I am actually across the bay from San Francisco. I am a complete novice at boat-building, but am looking around with interest.
Welcome to SOS and the first thing to do if you are new to boat building is to get a kit and get your hands dirty. I would recommend a large ratio like 1:48 or larger boat so you can get your finger inside and work. Billings Boats is local and they have a little boat that would be great for a starter I think. good luck

Welcome to SOS and the first thing to do if you are new to boat building is to get a kit and get your hands dirty. I would recommend a large ratio like 1:48 or larger boat so you can get your finger inside and work. Billings Boats is local and they have a little boat that would be great for a starter I think. good luck
Thanks everyone! I have that kit, and many more that I inherited, and one goal after getting things sorted is to finish the model my dad started but didn't finish. The more immediate goal is to get things organized. I joined here to see folks happily at work to keep motivated. It is a lovely resource!

Hallo @Mea
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Mea
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Mea
Birthday-Cake

Back