Hello from Sarnia Ontario Canada

Hello everyone. I have attached a pic of a boat I have been building for about 6 yrs now, and will finally be ready for an early spring launch.
I've needed something to keep me busy at night, so my daughter purchased the AL Bluenose ll for me for Christmas. I was an avid model builder as a young lad, but it has been 50 plus years since.
I have discovered a post by NOMAD that was started in July I believe. Really great to have a thread dealing with the same build. Lots of tips/tricks and advice to follow. Can't wait to get started!

IMG_20201024_113753.jpg

IMG_20201224_102529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Interesting project you are working - and a lot of work I guess

Thanks Uwek, it'll be almost 7 yrs to completion, but a heart attack and bad back got in the way for awhile. It's surprisingly similar how the initial steps for building the BN hull is in comparison to the build of my Sandbar's hull.
I am enjoying the smaller build very much, and have been getting tons of extra info and tips from Nomads post. Very informative indeed.

Hello everyone. I have attached a pic of a boat I have been building for about 6 yrs now, and will finally be ready for an early spring launch.
I've needed something to keep me busy at night, so my daughter purchased the AL Bluenose ll for me for Christmas. I was an avid model builder as a young lad, but it has been 50 plus years since.
I have discovered a post by NOMAD that was started in July I believe. Really great to have a thread dealing with the same build. Lots of tips/tricks and advice to follow. Can't wait to get started!
Hallo @sbs59
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @sbs59
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back