Hello from SoCal

Hello everyone, this is Mike from Highland California.

Time to start a new hobby. I really enjoy wood working, I have a shop in my garage. I gets too hot in the summer so I move my hobbies inside. I have a N scale model train layout and looking forward to some ship building. I already have plenty of tools!

I'm a retired civil engineer (since 2010) and I think I'll really enjoy the attention to detail and historical accuracy of ship construction.

I've just purchased the Polaris model from Occre and excited to get started.

Hello everyone, this is Mike from Highland California.

Time to start a new hobby. I really enjoy wood working, I have a shop in my garage. I gets too hot in the summer so I move my hobbies inside. I have a N scale model train layout and looking forward to some ship building. I already have plenty of tools!

I'm a retired civil engineer (since 2010) and I think I'll really enjoy the attention to detail and historical accuracy of ship construction.

I've just purchased the Polaris model from Occre and excited to get started.
1000002069.jpg1000002071.jpg

Welcome to the forum, we have many multi hobby folks here who do ships, cars, trains and other hobbies.

If you have little ship building experience you might look online at Model Expo's starter set, of three simple small ships, they build skills needed to work on larger more complicated ships.

Use the search function here to look up your kit and see what others have said and done in their builds.

Back