Hello from Sormland, Sweden

Hello I am a beginner when it comes to boat building. I bought a kit for my brother-in-law as a birthday present (80 years old), but he did not want to build so I had to do this instead. The ship is a Halcon 1840 1: 100. It turned out pretty well, but now I know that it could have been much better if I had known everything I learned during construction. It was the inspiration to try again even though the vision is not perfect and the hands are shaking a bit (are 77 years old). I'm waiting for a model by Harvey 1847 1:96. I'll let you know when it's time to start.

IMG_20201201_115933.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board.
your model is looking really good - congratulations

Jag talar inte Svenska, men..... (that's it, I forget how to say it in the past tense) I used to work for a Swedish company for many years, part of the Swedish national shipyards in Gothenburg, Swedyards. It was called Götaverken Energy. A great company to work for. I enjoyed my trips to Sweden.

Hello I am a beginner when it comes to boat building. I bought a kit for my brother-in-law as a birthday present (80 years old), but he did not want to build so I had to do this instead. The ship is a Halcon 1840 1: 100. It turned out pretty well, but now I know that it could have been much better if I had known everything I learned during construction. It was the inspiration to try again even though the vision is not perfect and the hands are shaking a bit (are 77 years old). I'm waiting for a model by Harvey 1847 1:96. I'll let you know when it's time to start.

View attachment 202991

Hi, I also am building the Halcon 1840 1:1:00 Chinese model. I have never built a boat before. The directions are just the pits. I have managed to
constructed the hull with no problems and it came pretty good. But I have no clue about the masts and sails. There are no templates or measurements to go by at all. Any help would be much appreciated . Tnx Bob. badbob167@gmail.com

Hi, I also am building the Halcon 1840 1:1:00 Chinese model. I have never built a boat before. The directions are just the pits. I have managed to
constructed the hull with no problems and it came pretty good. But I have no clue about the masts and sails. There are no templates or measurements to go by at all. Any help would be much appreciated . Tnx Bob. badbob167@gmail.com
Hi Bad Bob. I have a mast reference and also for sails. I'll send them so you have The plans tomorrow. We are 6 houers before your time. Just wait and Good night.
Goran

Hi Bad Bob. I have a mast reference and also for sails. I'll send them so you have The plans tomorrow. We are 6 houers before your time. Just wait and Good night.
Goran
Hi there. I have exactly some problem. I have Hull done on my halcon 1840 ship but I have no plans for rigging , masts and sails. Would there be any possibility you could share your plans with me too. Help would be much appreciated
Regards
Maciej
Maccwom72@gmail.com

Back