Hello from South Carolina

New member here. Beginner. I started a 1:35 scale RC Schnellboot about 15-20 years ago... got it floating and running but dropped it when I got to the detail stage, trying to figure out how to make the hinges for the torpedo tube gates in the bow stumped me, lol. Although I still have it, might try to finish it one day. But what got me back into the hobby was discovering the Aubrey/Marturin series, then I dug out my Underhill books and just became enthralled with the notion of building one (or more) of Jack Aubrey's ships, plank on frame, from scratch. I figured I'd try building the Ringle first, using the plans for the Clipper Lynx from Best Ship Models.

Welcome aboard the best place for ship building.

Look around at all the forums for help and info on subjects.

Use the search tool to check out ships names or companies, to see what others have posted.

You never know if someone else figured out the hinge issue until you have checked.

Thanks. The hinge issue is probably much more easily solved than I thought back then. Just a matter of learning how to work and solder brass to make fittings. Something I'll have to do anyway if the Ringle is going to be scratch built... Underhill covers it lightly in Vol. I of Plank on Frame models. Which is just an excellent read for readings sake, by the way.

New member here. Beginner. I started a 1:35 scale RC Schnellboot about 15-20 years ago... got it floating and running but dropped it when I got to the detail stage, trying to figure out how to make the hinges for the torpedo tube gates in the bow stumped me, lol. Although I still have it, might try to finish it one day. But what got me back into the hobby was discovering the Aubrey/Marturin series, then I dug out my Underhill books and just became enthralled with the notion of building one (or more) of Jack Aubrey's ships, plank on frame, from scratch. I figured I'd try building the Ringle first, using the plans for the Clipper Lynx from Best Ship Models.
Hallo @Mouser
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back