Hello from South Texas

Hi folks! I've been a member of SoS for a while, but have never posted anything. Today I thought I'd change that. I live in League City, Texas, which is about half way between Houston and Galveston. I started a 1:48 scale scratch built model of the USS Constitution...ages ago, and I've worked on it here and there for years, with long gaps of time between bursts of inspiration. I've made a lot of progress on the hull, guns, main deck, etc., and I'm now getting close to the next phase; masts, yards, sails, rigging. I'm looking forward to consulting with you guys as I take the next step.
Chuck

Hello Chuck...
Glad that you decided to jump into the fray. A couple of things to remember... Start a build log. Its a great way to ask questions and fellow builders will be able to see what you are talking about.
And of course ... Have Fun.!! This forum is a great place to wander, read, and learn...
Again, Welcome..!!!

There is a good ship modeling club in Houston that meets in the Houston Maritime Museum. It's a great venue for talking to other modelers for ideas and advice. Of course it is currently on hiatus due to the virus, but you can get information by contacting the club president Mark Lardas at marklardas@verizon.net. I was a long time member of the club until relocating to PA.

There is a good ship modeling club in Houston that meets in the Houston Maritime Museum. It's a great venue for talking to other modelers for ideas and advice. Of course it is currently on hiatus due to the virus, but you can get information by contacting the club president Mark Lardas at marklardas@verizon.net. I was a long time member of the club until relocating to PA.

Thanks very much for the information. I'll send Mark a note!
Chuck

Hi folks! I've been a member of SoS for a while, but have never posted anything. Today I thought I'd change that. I live in League City, Texas, which is about half way between Houston and Galveston. I started a 1:48 scale scratch built model of the USS Constitution...ages ago, and I've worked on it here and there for years, with long gaps of time between bursts of inspiration. I've made a lot of progress on the hull, guns, main deck, etc., and I'm now getting close to the next phase; masts, yards, sails, rigging. I'm looking forward to consulting with you guys as I take the next step.
Chuck
Hallo Chuck,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Good to know, I am in Missouri City, Tx
I will look into this.

Chuck
Hallo @Chuck Fulcher
Birthday-Cake

Chuck
Hallo @Chuck Fulcher
Birthday-Cake

Chuck
Hallo @Chuck Fulcher
Birthday-Cake

Back