Hello from southern New Hampshire!

Well, I purchased the Pride of Baltimore several years ago. I remember the guy who sold it to me asking how many years I was willing to dedicate to the project! The job, the kids and remodeling the home got in the way, so I got stalled early in the process. I retired almost five years ago after a career in engineering, mostly in R&D, manufacturing analytical instruments. I've done a bit of everything during my career, both at work and at home.
So the time has come for me to invest some time in a project or two solely for me. To that end, I have ordered the Amati Rainbow. It looks like a project which ought not to take years, yet will allow me to learn a bit about ship modeling. I am eager for the kit to make its way to my shop from California. In the mean time, I am spending some time setting up a proper work space.
I look forward to the challenge and hope to garner some advice from those of you who have the experience and are willing to share what you have learned. Who knows? Perhaps I might be able to share a thing or two myself.
Best regards from Peterborough, Tom

Well, I purchased the Pride of Baltimore several years ago. I remember the guy who sold it to me asking how many years I was willing to dedicate to the project! The job, the kids and remodeling the home got in the way, so I got stalled early in the process. I retired almost five years ago after a career in engineering, mostly in R&D, manufacturing analytical instruments. I've done a bit of everything during my career, both at work and at home.
So the time has come for me to invest some time in a project or two solely for me. To that end, I have ordered the Amati Rainbow. It looks like a project which ought not to take years, yet will allow me to learn a bit about ship modeling. I am eager for the kit to make its way to my shop from California. In the mean time, I am spending some time setting up a proper work space.
I look forward to the challenge and hope to garner some advice from those of you who have the experience and are willing to share what you have learned. Who knows? Perhaps I might be able to share a thing or two myself.

Welcome to the group Tom. You’ll find lots of help here without attitudes.
We spent eleven years in your part of the country. Lived in Nashua. Have since traded the snow for ☀️

Ron

Welcome !! I live near Nashua. Not too far from your town if one day you want to meet.

Best Daniel

Welcome to the group Tom. You’ll find lots of help here without attitudes.
We spent eleven years in your part of the country. Lived in Nashua. Have since traded the snow for ☀️

Ron

I will be following those steps soon :)

Daniel

Welcome aboard! Have fond memories of many summers spent in the northern part of NH.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hallo Tom alias @NH Old Man
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo Tom alias @NH Old Man
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Those of you from southern NH might be interested in attending a meeting of the Merrimack Valley Ship Model Club on the second Saturday of each month, 8:00 a.m., at the Unitarian Church basement in Newburyport, MA. Lots of experienced and helpful folks at those meetings, ready to answer any questions.

Back