Hello from Spain

Hi everybody. My name is Lorenzo 57 years old. I live in a small town in the Mediterranean coast. I like boats since I have memories. As a curious note, I will tell you that I served in an old US Navy aircraft carrier from de second World War. The USS Cabot that entered service in the Spanish Armada in 1967 renamed Dédalo. As soon as I can I will show some of my modest works.

greetings

Last edited:
Hallo Lorenzo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Would be interesting and I am looking forward to see your work.....

Just checked the Cabot in wikipedia - after her service in spain, the vessel was sol in 1989 back to a private organisation and was than back in the US. Unfortunately later on scrapped

1280px-AV-8S_over_SNS_Dedalo_(R01).jpg

Thanks for your welcome.
Hi Uwek, I think they keep The wheelhouse in a Museum.

greetings

Hi everybody. My name is Lorenzo 57 years old. I live in a small town in the Mediterranean coast. I like boats since I have memories. As a curious note, I will tell you that I served in an old US Navy aircraft carrier from de second World War. The USS Cabot that entered service in the Spanish Armada in 1967 renamed Dédalo. As soon as I can I will show some of my modest works.

greetings
We will look forward to seeing those models. It seems that when most of us entering SoS are very modist about any of our prior builds but those are the starting blocks for the race ahead. . . or better a casual jog. I have been recently been doing quite a bit of historical reading back into the Bronze Ages and underwater archaeology. You have some interesting wrecks found off of the southeastern coast of Spain and by Gibraltar. My visits to Spain were in 1964 when our squadron was deployed on the USS Saratoga for 11 months but we only put into Barcelona. I am a retired architect and had studied some of the architecture of Gaudi so Barcelona was a great place to see his works as well as the bullfights there, hosted by a local family who provided me with a second home. Las Ramblas was a great evening stroll. Welcome aboard SoS. Rich (PT-2)

Tank you for your welcome PT-2. I´m glad you like Barcelona, a city with a lot of history related to the sea.

regards

Last edited:
Gracias por su bienvenida PT-2. Es cierto que la costa mediterránea está plagada de naufragios, desde mercaderes fenicios hasta barcos de guerra civil. Me alegro que te guste Barcelona, una ciudad con mucha historia relacionada con nuestra afición, los barcos y el mar.

saludos
It was years ago in high school, 1956 - 60, that I had two years of Spanish from a woman who insisted in our usage of a Castilian tongue. She would teach in Spain every summer. It was enough to help me get around in Spain and Italy back then but I have not had an opportunity to read and basically understand Spanish and your reply. This is a pleasant reward for my just turning 80 brain. Gracias. I won't try to butcher what I recall of Spanish vocabulary or grammar to reply as such. I hope that you enjoy your participation in SoS. Rich (PT-2)

I´m sorry I made a mistake inserting the message. I´m using translator although I defend myself a little bit in english but I am ashamed.

regards

I´m sorry I made a mistake inserting the message. I´m using translator although I defend myself a little bit in english but I am ashamed.

regards
No apologies needed as I enjoyed your reply and communications are essential to all of us in SoS and elsewhere I these times. RIch (PT-2)

gr

Bien Venido desde Mijas Málaga. Tengo casi 80 Años, con 52 haciendo kits de madera. antes 6 años platico. he hecho especialmente El Lepanto -a modificado Unidad del Sullivan-Fletcher Group.
donde vives, dado que ya me va pronto a retirarme, pero tengo todavia libros, planos y muchas imagenes mas partes como clavos, y muchas mas que see ingles llama fitting. Si encuentra uno, le regala todo lo que quieres, pero NO voy a mandar por correo.la pensión no va para esto.
Como tu, También estuve en la Armada Danesa en un patrullero rápido -principalmente rescate. el imagen es después en la armada de reserva-1965-1968

Attachments

• 000103-ROTA OG NEPTUN.jpg
    000103-ROTA OG NEPTUN.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 0
It was years ago in high school, 1956 - 60, that I had two years of Spanish from a woman who insisted in our usage of a Castilian tongue. She would teach in Spain every summer. It was enough to help me get around in Spain and Italy back then but I have not had an opportunity to read and basically understand Spanish and your reply. This is a pleasant reward for my just turning 80 brain. Gracias. I won't try to butcher what I recall of Spanish vocabulary or grammar to reply as such. I hope that you enjoy your participation in SoS. Rich (PT-2)
Welcome to the club PI-2

Hola el Capi, gracias por la bienvenida. Vivo en Vilanova a unos 50km. al sur de Barcelona. Si algún día voy por Málaga podría visitarte. Seguro que sería una visita interesante y enriquecedora.

Saludos

Hi Capi, thanks for the welcome. I live in Vilanova about 50km away south of Barcelona. If one day I go to Malaga, I could visit you. It sure would be a visit
interesting and enriching.

Greetings

Back