hello from sunny Florida

hello everyone , i happened upon this forum while searching for something else ship related , i now live in coral springs which is in florida and have been building ships, mostly galleons , for quite a few years , i moved here from the UK about 16 years ago and so far i have built 6 corel kits , i am currently working on a corel endeavor , and imho its the neatest one that i think i have produced so far, anyway must get back to my real job , hello again

see already got it wrong , could someone plaes move this to the introduce yourself part of the forum , please

Welcome aboard SOS, Anthony! We are glad you found us, and positive you will like it as we do. Would it be possible to share the pictures of you flotilla whis us? Another request, if you don't mind, is to start your own build log, it doesn't have to be from the beginning, but would beneficial. Most important have fun!

these are the only other pictures that i have , the yacht mary has the flags pointing the wrong way and the victory didn't come out how i wanted so its not 100% finished plus my wife doesn't really appreciate my boats so they are on top of cabinets or hidden in closets

galaxy s10e 162.jpggalaxy s10e 163.jpggalaxy s10e 164.jpggalaxy s10e 165.jpggalaxy s10e 166.jpggalaxy s10e 167.jpg

Hallo Anthony,
Your Endeavour is looking very good - very clean work.
Why not starting a building log, beginning with the status of today - would be interesting for all of us, and maybe during the next steps we can partly discuss and assist you when necessary and requested....?

thank you for the flattering comments , but looking around sites like these makes me realise that i still have room for improvement so i'm not completely comfortable posting a build log , but i will take you up on the offer of help when the time comes

thank you for the flattering comments , but looking around sites like these makes me realise that i still have room for improvement so i'm not completely comfortable posting a build log , but i will take you up on the offer of help when the time comes
Hallo again,
in our forum it is different....... We from SOS would like that everybody can make building logs, independent of the skill, knowledge and quality.
Showing the models and work is helping everybody to improve the work - therefore we have logs from the absolute beginner up to the professional.
Whenever you like and want, you can start any topic. We are definitely happy that you are here and joined the forum, with or without a log !!!

Welcome! The Endeavor looks good so far. It's a great start. Your model of the Victory Looks good except for the fact that all your rigging is the same color. The standing rigging sould be black - or a really dark brown. Other than that it looks to be very well done.

LIKE UWE SAID THIS SITE IS DIFFERENT IT IS HERE TO ENHANCE THIS GREAT HOBBY, I AM A CLASIC EXAMPLE OF AN INTERMEDIATE MODELER AND I POST SOME GOD AWFUL WORK, AND THROUGH THE HELP ON THIS SITE I IMPROVE WITH EACH PROJECT AND STEP IN EACH PROJECT, 6 or 8 months ago doing a scratch build sent me to the bathroom LO AND BEHOLD I AM ON MY WAY WITH MY FIRST COMPLETE SCRATCH BUILD COULD NOT GET THERE WITHOUT THE HELP OF GILLES K, AND MANY OTHERS ON THIS SITE SO POST AND ASK. Don

Back