Hello from Sydney, Australia

I am an occasional ship/boat modeler with no favorite subject or scale. I like oddball subjects and mostly scratch build in styrene or increasingly in metal. Currently on my bench are a pair of Laotian river boats converted in 1/32 from F4 Phantom tanks and a Pavia-Venice Raid Idroscivolante in 1/48.

Sounds like interesting conversions - what's the Idroscivolante, a plane or a boat or something else?

Welcome onboard SOS, David! We would love to see some of your finished work as it sounded very interesting. Would you consider to show you current build progress in a build log? How about that?

Thanks for the welcomes!
My photography skills are minimal so a build log will be challenging...but I will try.
The Idroscivolantes were peculiar devices unique to the annual race between Pavia and Venice; streamlined catamaran hulls with an aircraft engine and its propeller raised on a frame between them. I ran into them when I was researching another of my current builds - the Wind Wagon in the Lane Museum in Nashville - same sort of thing but motorcycle engined and land based.

Thanks for the welcomes!
My photography skills are minimal so a build log will be challenging...but I will try.
The Idroscivolantes were peculiar devices unique to the annual race between Pavia and Venice; streamlined catamaran hulls with an aircraft engine and its propeller raised on a frame between them. I ran into them when I was researching another of my current builds - the Wind Wagon in the Lane Museum in Nashville - same sort of thing but motorcycle engined and land based.
Here is a tutorial for photography

Hallo,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I am an occasional ship/boat modeler with no favorite subject or scale. I like oddball subjects and mostly scratch build in styrene or increasingly in metal. Currently on my bench are a pair of Laotian river boats converted in 1/32 from F4 Phantom tanks and a Pavia-Venice Raid Idroscivolante in 1/48.
Hallo @David in Oz
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
enjoy your special day and celebrate your 70th birthday with friends and family
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @David in Oz
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back