Hello from the Azores islands

Hello! My name is Luis Bernardo and I live in the Azores islands. I’m a former portuguese navy officer (LCDR) and presently an architect. I‘m doing a research on the 32 gun french Nymphe Class frigates, designed by Pierre-Augustin Lamothe. I came about this forum while googling the book “THE HISTORY OF THE FRENCH FRIGATE 1650-1850“ by Jean Boudriot & Hubert Berti. I was wondering if anyone who has it could advise me on how this particular ship class is detailed in the book, in terms of plans and decoration, before I buy it?
I’m also very tempted on acquiring a model or even trying to build one. However, I understand that a frigate should be very challenging for a beginner. My only experience was a french goélette kit “La Toulonnaise”, and that toke me ages to complete. Any advice on that would be grate too! Thanks!

Welcome aboard SOS, Luis!

You may want to read a book review made by one of our members Uwe. It is exactly what you are looking for. Check it out. The name of this monograph has been changed in a revised edition. The new name is FRIGATES IN THE FRENCH NAVY 1650 - 1850

If you decide to purchase this book here is the direct link

Welcome aboard SOS, Luis!

You may want to read a book review made by one of our members Uwe. It is exactly what you are looking for. Check it out. The name of this monograph has been changed in a revised edition. The new name is FRIGATES IN THE FRENCH NAVY 1650 - 1850

If you decide to purchase this book here is the direct link

Hello! Yes, I’ve read this amazing review. It seems like the perfect book and I’m very tempted to buy it. I was just curious if the plans of that specific class where featured on the book. Thank you!!

Hello! My name is Luis Bernardo and I live in the Azores islands. I’m a former portuguese navy officer (LCDR) and presently an architect. I‘m doing a research on the 32 gun french Nymphe Class frigates, designed by Pierre-Augustin Lamothe. I came about this forum while googling the book “THE HISTORY OF THE FRENCH FRIGATE 1650-1850“ by Jean Boudriot & Hubert Berti. I was wondering if anyone who has it could advise me on how this particular ship class is detailed in the book, in terms of plans and decoration, before I buy it?
I’m also very tempted on acquiring a model or even trying to build one. However, I understand that a frigate should be very challenging for a beginner. My only experience was a french goélette kit “La Toulonnaise”, and that toke me ages to complete. Any advice on that would be grate too! Thanks!
Hallo @Luis Bernardo
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Luis Bernardo
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back