Hello from the garden of England.

Firstly I wish to thank the admins for allowing me to join. Having spent a little time browsing the forum I think I have found a very good place to help pursue my hobby.
My main modelling interest are marine subjects but sometimes build something else that may take my fancy at the time. I enjoy plastic and wood kits along with scratch building.
Current projects are Academy 1:350 scale H.M.S. Warspite, Endeavour's Longboat kit by Artesania Latina and Revell north sea trawler.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard SOS, Ancientmodeller! We are glad you found us, and happy to have joined! If you don't mind, can you show us some of your work?
Also, may i suggest you to start a build log of one of your current project\s? We have threads for kit build logs, and scratch builds as well.

enjoy!!

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Your interests sound very interesting, so I would be happy to see some of your work or the actual project(s) in building logs.
(BTW: you can start a log also in between, means from the actual status....)

Thank you all for your welcome messages. I will be posting some of my work shortly. I am currently busy with family issues etc. I don't have many pictures of past projects, particularly from my radio control modeling days as I lost a lot of photos due to a back up drive failure plus I no longer have the models. I now keep back ups of back ups :)

Young man!! ROTF
I live in Ashford.
Thanks for your welcome Tony.

Well, I did not know your name and Ancientmodeller is way too much of a mouthful. :)
So, whenever I do not know someones name, or have forgotten their name, I call them 'young man'.
But, thanks for adding your name Dave. Makes things so much easier.
Looking forward to seeing some of your builds.

Well, I did not know your name and Ancientmodeller is way too much of a mouthful. :)
So, whenever I do not know someones name, or have forgotten their name, I call them 'young man'.
But, thanks for adding your name Dave. Makes things so much easier.
Looking forward to seeing some of your builds.
Some just call me ancient :)
I thought I had included my name, your post alerted to me I had not.
Thanks

Back