Hello from the land down under

Hi Roger and welcome. Good luck with the ships. I can't direct you to plans for the Harvey but there is this web site: https://www.modelerscentral.com/model-ship-plans/ They don't say anything about Billings but you could possibly check with them. The best alternative is probably to contact Billings directly.

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks for the welcome Tom. I have obtained got what I needed from a shop here in Melbourne Thanks for your suggestion.
Roger

Hi I started the Billings "Bounty " a few years ago but upon moving around this great country of ours for a while have now settled down. My son's farther in law passed away last year and I inherited his three unfinished ships the Essex, Cutty Sark and the Harvey and an unstarted Scottish Maid plus all of his Equipment. feel obliged to finish the Harvey as he promised the finished model to his youngest daughter if anyone has a copy of the instuctions for this vessel I would appreciate if they could copy them for me and post on here or email them to me at rogerbuckingham@iprimus.cm.au it would be greatly appreciated. As I'm really a novice and am going to have a bit of trouble with it I think. Will start a post of my adventures in doing this as soon as I can. I am also a veteran of the Royal Australian Navy
Hallo @Roglyn ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi I started the Billings "Bounty " a few years ago but upon moving around this great country of ours for a while have now settled down. My son's farther in law passed away last year and I inherited his three unfinished ships the Essex, Cutty Sark and the Harvey and an unstarted Scottish Maid plus all of his Equipment. feel obliged to finish the Harvey as he promised the finished model to his youngest daughter if anyone has a copy of the instuctions for this vessel I would appreciate if they could copy them for me and post on here or email them to me at rogerbuckingham@iprimus.cm.au it would be greatly appreciated. As I'm really a novice and am going to have a bit of trouble with it I think. Will start a post of my adventures in doing this as soon as I can. I am also a veteran of the Royal Australian Navy
Dear @Roglyn
Birthday-Cake

Welcome aboard, yep also from Aussie. I still consider myself a novice as well but there are a lot of amazing ship modelers on this forum to help.

Hi Roger,

There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on this site and the web. If you need any assistance, just put out a call.

Where are you in Oz? Lockdown is a great time to be modelling….(I am in NSW).

Welcome,

PeterG

Hallo @Roglyn
Birthday-Cake

Hi Roger, Welcome. East Bentleigh here. getting a collection of kits in both plastic and wood. Was hoping to help a nephew out of his personal issues by getting him started into modelling, but no luck so far. It has got me going again and collecting kits here and some from overseas, never ar retail, lol. A few new but mostly old some missing bits and pieces. It has led me to finding a good sources locally (Melbourne metro) for parts and tools. Open to a chat anytime.

Hallo @Roglyn
Birthday-Cake

Hi Roglyn, glad to read you got the plans you needed. Was that from Float a Boat? They have been most helpful to me, with plans or parts or references to other sites. Melbourne person too. Restocking a stash to restart modelling. But won't go into that here.

Back